Annuals keep downloading

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
timmyrocks

Annuals keep downloading

Post by timmyrocks »

Hi. Annuals keep downloading over and over again. They show in the library as downloaded and they do not appear in the ‘wanted’ list.

Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thank you.
leaderdog

Re: Annuals keep downloading

Post by leaderdog »

Are you on the latest update? Evilhero pushed an update out yesterday that fixed annuals not being recognized.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It might be related to the actual annual itself, more so than the code change (not saying it might not help though).

What annual keeps on re-downloading, as in some cases if the annual is pointing to the incorrect series on your watchlist it will cause some problems linking up properly when it comes time to check things. I know that the Darth Vader Annual from the past week is screwed up - they put the #2 annual as part of the volume 1 series (where there is an issue #1), but the #2 annual is part of the volume 2 series, not the 1st. Mylar gets confused, because well, this shit shouldn't happen ;)
tbpheonix

Post by tbpheonix »

This is happening to me as well. Running latest development build.

Current titles where annuals are showing up every time (usually) there is a new issue:
The Wicked + The Divine Annual
X-Men: Blue Annual
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Annual
Wonder Woman Annual
Detective Comics Annual
Darth Vader Annual

There are probably a few more, but those are currently in my wanted list.
macrolinx

Post by macrolinx »

I wandered back into the forum looking for this problem. I've just updated (just now) so we'll see if that helps.

For reference, I was having a problem with the annuals constantly re-downloading for this series:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-wars/4050-79398/

It's the 2015 Star Wars series from Marvel.

Thanks!
macrolinx

Post by macrolinx »

OK - I've updated last night when I posted my reply, but I just noticed it tried to download the same annuals two hours ago today for that Star Wars series.

It's not attempting repeatedly for any other comic. Suggestions?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'd need to see the full debug/verbose log showing the search of one of the issues attempting to be downloaded.

Do you have any alternate search names set for the 'star wars' series or for any of the other star wars type series? Do you have annual integration enabled ? On the pull for the last week (I think it was last week's, sometimes gets confusing trying to remember which week had what from memory), Star Wars was pointing to the incorrect series which would have caused it to think there was an annual for the given series (ie. v1), but in reality it was another volume of the series (ie. v2) that it should have been looking for.

The debug log should indicate the matches and such, and hopefully can pinpoint things abit better.
macrolinx

Post by macrolinx »

Thanks for the response.

Here's chunks of the log. (I removed some giant unrelated chunks to make it fit in pastebin, but tried not to miss anything relevant)

https://pastebin.com/bpKd9Dvv

I have no alternate search names configured for this or any other comic. (never used that feature actually)

Annual Integration IS ENABLED.

My problem with this specific series has gone on for quite a while, so I feel like it predates anything from a recent pull list. I'm not above removing it and re-adding it if something doesn't stand out as a problem. I've just tried everything else I can think of and thought you might like a crack at it.

I've tried marking them as Downloaded, Ignored, Archived, Skipped... but it wants to try them over and again anyway. What's also odd is that it seems like annuals 1 and 4 always successfully post process while 2 and 3 fail. So there's also that.

I'm on Ubuntu using SABnzbd

Thanks for all your hard work and assistance. This app is a god-send.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't looked at the entirety of the log, but based on just the few lines it looks like you're using the old method of the pull-list, instead of the newer method. By newer I mean it's been in place for the past 2 years, but for some reason every now and then it seems that some users are still using the older method (it should have force-updated it to the correct method, but obviously some haven't).

This is controlled by the alt_pull variable in the config.ini. By default it should be set to 2, which is the 'new' method. However if you've been using Mylar for awhile, it's possible the .ini didn't update properly to the new default of 2, and you're running it set at 0 (ie. alt_pull = 0).

So with Mylar not running, do the following:
- edit your config.ini and check your alt_pull value.
- set it to 2 if it's anything other than 2.
- save the config and start Mylar up.
- go to the Weekly tab and perform a ReCreate Pull-list from the button options at the top.

The last step will force Mylar to pull the newest list from the site and once it's done you'll see your pull-list in the new format (it might do this automatically depending on when the last time it refreshed the pull-list prior to the restart).

You can tell if you're on the old/new method quite easily : if all your series on the pull-list are in capital letters (ie. SUPER DOG), then you're using the 0 method. If the series on the pull-list all have proper capitalisation (ie. Super Dog), then you're using the alt_pull=2 method (you'll also see other things, such as arrows in the upper left/right of the pull-list screen which allows you to back/forward a few weeks). It also allows me to have far more granular control over which series go with which annuals, and allows corrections to be done on the backend so every client receives the same information (if someone points out that a series is pointed to the wrong ID, changing it on the backend is simple and will roll out to all clients easily). The pull-list in the alt_pull 2 method updates every 4 hours, wheras the 0 method updates every 24hrs (if I recall).

The 0 method is still kept as a fail-over in case the site that the 2 method draws from is down for maintenance or the like. So if you're on 2, and the pull-list can't be retrieved for whatever reason, Mylar will drop down to the 0 method temporarily to make sure that you have something in your pull-list that you can use. Once the site comes backup, Mylar will flip back to the 2 method and repopulate the list accordingly. This also affects how Mylar searches/finds new issues and would definitely affect annuals redownloading as it has a completely different matching algorithim that isn't the greatest, but works on a minimal level (this is the 0 method I'm talking about).
macrolinx

Post by macrolinx »

[facepalm]

Yeah, that's probably my fault then. I have a habit of keeping up with my config files so I don't have to re-setup stuff. Or I could have pulled an old config when I rebuilt something over time. I HAVE been using it for many years.

I've updated my config as you've stated and do notice that the names are properly 'Cased' and I can see the arrows now. All annuals currently show as 'Downloaded' so I'll give it another couple of days and report back.

Thanks for the quick response and thorough explanation.