Manual Post-Processing/Manual Run not working

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Manual Post-Processing/Manual Run not working

Post by evilhero »

SGU doesn't have any issue data on CV yet - so it won't be able to do a post-process until it's available.

Mylar will keep updating the pull as info becomes available and when it's available it'll refresh the series so it can pull in all the details (it probably did already, but it was just the store date, nothing else really), and with folder monitor running it will pp them as they get updated.

At this point, you just need to wait for SGU to get updated on CV.
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

Or just copy it in manually, but I see what you are saying... :)

Well, thank you for helping me through my confusion... I do have a usage question though if you don't mind... I've been collecting digital comics well before I knew of Mylar, everything was done manually. So when I started using Mylar to automate it, I created a new directory as I was having issues trying to automatically rename from my old folder to the new system. So now I have two directories, my comic archive and my new comics where mylar moves everything to. Is there a safe way to have Mylar help me move my archive to my "live" comic directory, maybe subfolder by subfolder so I can catch anything if it goes sideways?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

If you scan in your entire archive directory, when you go into the Import Results Management screen, you can selectively choose series to import (instead of doing a mass import). Doing it selectively would allow you to have some more granular control over things to the extent that you can at least see that it moves things correctly.

Otherwise, the only other way is to selectively take X amount of folders from your archive, move/copy them into another folder and point the importer to that new folder so that it will use the 'copy' version. Once you can verify that it's completed to your liking, you can go on to the next sequence of folders to import, etc.

As long as your filenames are consistent with things (ie. series title & volumes are the same in each directory, issue numbers present in filename), Mylar should be able to parse the filenames correctly. If however it can't, for whatever reason, you can make use of the cvinfo file. The cvinfo file is just a file named just 'cvinfo' (with no extension) that holds the full CV url to the given volume. If Mylar detects this file in a directory, it will assume every file in that specific directory is tied to the volume indicated in the url within the cvinfo file and import it to that directly.

Just in case you haven't come across it yet either - Mylar can't handle TPB, GN's very easily, so best to avoid importing those and maybe trying to add the series manually then moving those files into the new series directory and rechecking the files to see if it can pick things up.
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

Well... I used a cvinfo file and ran MPP to copy in my Iron Man volume 1... It took a while (over 300 issues of course), but even though they are now copied over including the annuals, in the main comic view it shows it having 1/15 issues (and there are 15 annuals, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that), but then when I click on the listing so I can see the list of issues, Mylar just bombs out with the following error:

Error !
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
<td id="select"><input type="checkbox" name="${issue['IssueID']}" class="issCheck checkbox" value="${issue['IssueID']}"/></td> <td id="int_issuenumber">${issue['Int_IssueNumber']}</td> <td id="issuenumber">${issue['Issue_Number']}</td> <% if len(issue['IssueName']) > 70: issuename = "%s..." % issue['IssueName'][:70] else: issuename = issue['IssueName'] endif
C:/Mylar/data/interfaces/default/comicdetails.html, line 321:
<%
C:/Mylar/data/interfaces/default/base.html, line 87:
${next.body()}
C:\Mylar\lib\mako\runtime.py, line 899:
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
C:\Mylar\lib\mako\runtime.py, line 873:
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
C:\Mylar\lib\mako\runtime.py, line 838:
**_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
C:\Mylar\lib\mako\template.py, line 462:
return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
C:\Mylar\mylar\webserve.py, line 56:
return template.render(http_root=mylar.CONFIG.HTTP_ROOT, **kwargs)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

If you're up to date on the development branch, try to do a restart of Mylar. Normally when this error occurs, it's due to an incorrect entry in one of the tables, that only gets checked/cleared out on startup. So try to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't ( and you still can't get into the series detail page ), you can try to do a Refresh of the Series via the Manage tab/ Manage Comics option. Use the dropdown after you select the series that you want. After doing so (it might take a minute or so to complete), try going into the series detail page again and it should be working at that point and you can see exactly what's going on.