ComicRN.py continues to run

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Spartan304

ComicRN.py continues to run

Post by Spartan304 »

So I recently had to reload my Mylar/SABNzbd server. Everything seems to be working great except my SAB runs the ComicRN.py script infinitely and sometimes it completes post processing and other times it doesn't. Any ideas why this might be happening? Because of this issue SAB won't move on to downloading and unpacking the queue unless I reboot the server as just simply restarting SAB doesn't jar it loose. Thanks for any suggestions!

Running Development build 0fe8ab7ad87e0814de5bffcbed8224b03d3c8229
Python 2.7.12
ComicRN.py version 1.01
autoProcessComics.py is 2.04
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: ComicRN.py continues to run

Post by evilhero »

Make sure that you don't have Completed Download Handling (CDH) enabled under the SABnzbd option within Mylar. Doing so will make Mylar attempt to double post-process issues as ComicRN and CDH vie for which gets to perform the post-processing first. They'll race and lock one or the other out at some point, resulting in a locked ComicRN script and/or items being post-processed successfully but then the script/CDH errors out indicating it can't find the file.
Spartan304

Post by Spartan304 »

Oddly enough that's exactly how it's behaving however Completed Download Handling is not enabled. Also I just discovered another odd bug. If I click to restart Mylar or if I accept the update and it goes to restart itself it won't turn itself back on if the ComicRN.py script is stuck running in SAB.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Spartan304 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 pm Oddly enough that's exactly how it's behaving however Completed Download Handling is not enabled. Also I just discovered another odd bug. If I click to restart Mylar or if I accept the update and it goes to restart itself it won't turn itself back on if the ComicRN.py script is stuck running in SAB.
If you could post some logs showing the lockup (from the mylar log files, not the download client), it might help figure out what's happening.

Did you install this via git / source ? Are you running a docker of Mylar/SAB ?

Never seen the problem with the locking not allowing a restart. ComicRN is being run from your download client, so it wouldn't be stopping Mylar from running - but if it's locked while in a connection state to Mylar it wouldn't be able to properly kill the session to spawn a restart (something like that you have to forcibly kill as it's not an expected condition)
Spartan304

Post by Spartan304 »

Well that's odd, something must've shook loose because after I upgraded to last nights commit everything appears to be running fine as it downloaded about 20 comics and post processed them without any issues. Very odd but I'll take it! Thanks for the help!