This Week's Upcoming/Wanted not auto populating

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Spartan304

This Week's Upcoming/Wanted not auto populating

Post by Spartan304 »

So this issue has been happening for quite a while now so I figured I'd mention it here and see if I can get it fixed. I can usually work around it by manually recreating my pull-list then refreshing it or by restarting the server Mylar is running on (just restarting Mylar doesn't do it). I'm currently running Development Git build 6a2b12313e783ea4e613f474e50420c0f7f7f8b1 on Ubuntu Server 16.04 with Python 2.7.9 installed. I have the log files from the logs folder but there's a recurring error every 5 minutes due to my folder I have being scanned for manually downloaded issues. If there's a certain date/time that Mylar is supposed to do its pull-list into Wanted issues duties each week then I can check those timestamps for possible errors. Oh and I tried to search the forums for similar issues but it kept giving me errors. Thanks for any help you can provide!!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: This Week's Upcoming/Wanted not auto populating

Post by evilhero »

There's no set time when the pullist will populate. If you have your alt_pull=2 in the config.ini that will set it to use an intermediate site that your client will repoll against every 4 hrs. In this method, you'll see at the bottom of the weekly pull list page when the last pullist update was done.

If you're using the older methods (alt_pull=0 or 1),things probably are very hit or miss with the pullist altho it should be polling against CV every 24 hrs I believe.

The alt_pull=2 method is the method that everyone should be using as it offers the most advantages, won't hammer CV for constant requests, and has a more advanced feature set that isn't available in the other methods.

As far as your download folder errror, I'd be really curious to see what the error is and figure out why it's happening. I've never seen/heard of Mylar being so memory intensive that the only way to resolve it is to reboot the box itself (sometimes, the app itself might need to be restarted due to traceback errors causing locks it can't release). Is there any additional information you can provide on the errors that are occuring?
Spartan304

Post by Spartan304 »

OK I've changed my alt_pull from 0 to 2 and rebooted the server so it probably won't be until next week's pull-list is released before I'll be able to tell if that fixes the "This Week's Upcoming" and the subsequent adding those comics to my "Wanted" list issue. I don't believe it was a resource issue as the CPU and RAM usage on that server never climbs above 1% and 20% respectively. I think it's just something I probably misconfigured (hopefully the alt_pull) that was just causing it not to automatically update my "This Week's Upcoming" and therefore wouldn't mark upcoming issues as Wanted for me unless I restarted. Guess we'll see in a few days, lol.

In regards to the error I spoke of, I don't believe it's really an error, just every 5 minutes in my log file I get a message stating "16-Apr-2018 17:27:50 - WARNING :: mylar.Process.380 : Thread-12 : There were no files located - check the debugging logs if you think this is in error." I have Mylar scanning my Downloads folder every 5 minutes because sometimes if I'm really wanting to read something and it hasn't posted to the Newsgroups yet I'll go acquire it elsewhere and let Mylar pick up on it and do its post processing for me.

And holy crap I just realized I joined this forum 4 years ago and I think I was using Mylar for maybe a year before I created an account here. Dude, seriously, thank you SO much for keeping this program going. I've known coders who have created way less sophisticated programs and ditched them because they were too much work. I don't know how you do it but I'm really grateful you do!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Actually the change to the new alt_pull method should be an immediate effect from when you start mylar back up after the ini change.

The safe bet is to do a Recreate Pullist option from within the weekly tab, and then you'll see stuff you didn't even know about (cause you were using the 0 method)... Proper case names for series, better matching for weird series names, being able to go up to 4 weeks in advance (and go weeks prior) while always showing what you have snatched /downloaded. Just a whack of new stuff, and a vast improvement over the original 0 method.

That warning message shouldn't really be a warning but just a general log message - something simple for me to fix tomorrow when I'm wide awake. And that's exactly what the folder monitor is meant for, so it's not like you're trying to do something different.

I'm pretty sure Mylar's coming up on 7 years almost, damn. Now I'm gonna get all nostalgic and start mass closing a whole bunch of old tickets!

Thanks for the comps and sticking with it for so long too - it's had its rough parts for sure over the years, but the user base has contributed immensely to the ever-growing development of it, and hopefully will continue to use it in the future...
Spartan304

Post by Spartan304 »

OK Well after I rebooted all of the changes you mentioned did happen and as usual after a reboot the comics I have being monitored showed up under "This Week's Upcoming" and are also flagged as wanted under "This Week". However, unlike before, only one of those comics is actually now listed under my "Wanted" section. As long as they're under "This Week's Upcoming" and flagged as wanted Mylar should still look for them, correct?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Spartan304 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 am OK Well after I rebooted all of the changes you mentioned did happen and as usual after a reboot the comics I have being monitored showed up under "This Week's Upcoming" and are also flagged as wanted under "This Week". However, unlike before, only one of those comics is actually now listed under my "Wanted" section. As long as they're under "This Week's Upcoming" and flagged as wanted Mylar should still look for them, correct?
Yeah, if they're appearing in the Upcoming section then Mylar is aware that there should be a new issue coming out for it this week. It will appear in the Wanted section when the issue data has been populated on ComicVine and it can properly populate the issue information for the given series. However, Mylar will only search/post-process for the given issue when it appears in the Wanted section, and thereby in the detail section for the given series (meaning that CV has to have the issue data populated). So if there's a discrepancy between the Upcoming & the Wanted - that's almost always the reason why.

Being on alt_pull=2 now, the pull-list is being updated hourly on the backend - while the clients poll the backend site every 4 hours for any new issue information (or whenever you force it via the Recreate Pullist option). Once it knows that new issue information is available for an issue that it recognises should be Wanted, it will perform a Refresh on the series so that Mylar can pull in all the required data locally and then you'll see items start to appear in the Wanted section.
Spartan304

Post by Spartan304 »

Yup, I checked this morning and 3 comics popped into my Wanted. Throughout the the day I've checked on it periodically and they're all sitting there now waiting to get snagged! Thanks for your help on this! Wouldn't have thought the pull method was causing my issue, lol.