Unusually numbered issues

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
akaOMC

Unusually numbered issues

Post by akaOMC »

I have a question about comics with strange issue numbers. In particular asking about "The All New Exiles: Infinity" https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-all- ... 050-61190/

This comic was a one-shot where the only issue is listed as issue number ∞ (the symbol for infinity if you can't see the character). Downloaded the comic but it won't import into Mylar, even if I add the "∞" as the issue number. I tried using 1 as the issue number and that didn't work either. I also tried moving the comic to the appropriate directory manually, but still no luck.

Similar problem with Universe X's "X" numbered issue. Any help would be appreciated.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Unusually numbered issues

Post by evilhero »

Can you paste in the debug log showing either the import or the file-checker (depending on what you're trying to do) for that particular issue? The infinity issue number shouldn't be a problem, as this has come up before with another series and adjustments were made at that time - which leads me to believe (at least guess-wise) that it might be due to how you have your file named.

The 'X' for universe X is abit trickier, as X isn't being seperated by Mylar when it comes to issue numbering - and the double X within the filename (ie. Universe X X (2014)) would throw off the parser entirely. I'll look into this more, as there are options already in Mylar to account for issue numbers with the alphanumeric X within it, but not by itself (meaning if it was 5X or X1 or something it would work).
ceb0610

Re: Unusually numbered issues

Post by ceb0610 »

Has there been any progress on this issue? I am having the same issue with the Universe X and Earth X series. I tried renaming the files to follow the naming I setup.

Earth x V1999 #X (06-2006).cbz
Universe X V2000 #X (11-2001).cbz

Unfortunately, doesn't work. Is there a special way that I should be naming them?