Search by name instead of issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
kesm

Search by name instead of issue

Post by kesm »

Hi,

I'm trying to download french comic books (like asterix or tintin) and I would like to know if it is possible to search a book by its name instead of its number issue? Most of my providers have the name as information and no issue number so nothing is found when I try to search for an album.

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Search by name instead of issue

Post by evilhero »

Unfortunately it has to go off of how ComicVine has the information. If it's listed as having issue numbers, that's how it's going to be searched for - can't really be changed. And atm, the only way to search is with the issue number as it's a requirement for alot of the backend parsing and such. If you can add the given series to Mylar, and it shows up fine - you'd have to download them outside of Mylar, and then manually post-process the given folder to see if Mylar can detect them and tag/set the status for them properly.
kesm

Post by kesm »

It looks like my issues aren't retrieve even when title contains a number.

Here is an exemple Asterix T34 FRENCH HYBRiD eBook-​PRESSECiTRON is not retrieve because Mylar search for Asterix 34, is it possible to add a prefix on the issue number when the search is done?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

T34 is not an issue number - and that name is not in a parseable format for mylar to understand either when searching or file scanning, so the ability to precede the issue number wouldn't help (let alone that it's not possible).

Like it says ebook right in the filename, comics aren't designated as ebooks - they're either cbr/cbz in 98% of cases, which is what mylar attempts to cover.