Unable to Update - Git Issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
vmcosco

Unable to Update - Git Issue

Post by vmcosco »

I was not able to update Mylar. When i clicked update in the notification bubble, the screen would cycle but when Mylar restarted it would still show the same number of commits behind. I was having a similar issue with two other apps that pull updates from Github. Not being able to connect it would appear. I determined that mt version of Git on Windows 7 was very outdated. I updated Git. Made sure the environmental variable was set and Mylar is giving me this error:

01-Mar-2018 22:28:45 - INFO :: MainThread : Retrieving latest version information from github
01-Mar-2018 22:28:46 - INFO :: MainThread : You are running an unknown version of Mylar. Run the updater to identify your version

and

2018-03-01 22:29:12 ERROR Output does not look like a hash, not using it
2018-03-01 22:29:12 ERROR Couldn't find latest installed version.
vmcosco

Re: Unable to Update - Git Issue

Post by vmcosco »

I may have solved my issue by deleting the .git folder, restarting Mylar and then doing an update. Does that make sense?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Update - Git Issue

Post by evilhero »

Yep, they updated git a few months ago and there were quite a few people that had this type of problem.

I guess the .git folder probably has git information relevant to the current version of git, and when you updated git it might have mixed up some of the linking (I'm just guessing really).

The important thing is that after updating , and deleting the .git folder - you're back in business and you shouldn't have to worry about deleting the .git folder again (that is, until they update git and require everyone to update again)...