ComicRN hangs on duplicate issues

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Aimhere

ComicRN hangs on duplicate issues

Post by Aimhere »

I have another problem with ComicRN processing (separate from my other post).

Sometimes, in the process of stopping/restarting Mylar while troubleshooting, I get duplicate copies of an issue in my download queue. The first one completes successfully, but when my NzbGet downloads the second (assuming I don't cancel it in time) and tries to post-process it, ComicRN seems to simply hang, and NZBGet never moves on to the next queued download.

Without inspecting any logs, I think ComicRN gets confused by the identical file already existing in my comics folder, and goes into a loop. Or maybe it's autoProcessComics that get confused.

Ideally, ComicRN ought to notice the duplication, and exit gracefully (either with an actual error, or a log message stating that the issue exists).

aimhere
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: ComicRN hangs on duplicate issues

Post by evilhero »

Mylar does do a dupecheck of any issues that it already has in a Downloaded/Archived state (assuming the Archived state has an actual file associated with it).

What sounds like is happening, is that your pp run is not completing fully - as the status isn't being changed at the end. Normally when Mylar snatches, it sends it to the client and changes the status to Snatched. It then will run ComicRN on completion and update the status to Downloaded upon successful completion. If it's sending multiple items of the same issue to your queue, it would appear that the status is not changing from Wanted to Snatched initially and remaining in a Wanted status. When you restart, the issue then gets queued up again as it's still in a Wanted status.

As far as ComicRN, it's handed the exact foldername from your download client. So when NZBGet sends the request to Mylar using ComicRN - it's sending the final destination path of where the given nzb was downloaded to. It doesn't matter if there are several .1, .2, .3 directories therein - it will only pp against the one that it was passed. Now it might be getting locked up on the nzblog reference tho - since that goes by nzbname and if you have multiple directories of the same name, it would take the first occurance - but without seeing the debug log from Mylar showing what it's trying to do, it's really difficult to surmise what's happening (especially since I don't run NZBGet normally).