Post-processing with ComicRN failing

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Aimhere

Post-processing with ComicRN failing

Post by Aimhere »

Hi,

After getting my web UI problem straightened out (thanks, evilhero!), I now have a new problem.

When post-processing, ComicRN is now failing, partial log taken from web UI below:

Code: Select all

Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	Post-process-script ComicRN.py for X-Men.Gold.001.2017.Digital.Zone-Empire failed (terminated with unknown status)
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: ImportError: No module named requests
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: import requests
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: File "/volume1/@appstore/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts/autoProcessComics.py", line 2, in <module>
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: import autoProcessComics
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: File "/usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts/ComicRN.py", line 15, in <module>
info	Sun Feb 18 2018 13:37:38	ComicRN: Traceback (most recent call last):
It appears autoProcesscomics.py is unable to load a module called "requests". I see this module is referred to in the autoProcessComics.py on the development branch, but not on the master branch. What does this module do, and why can't my system find it? Where/how would I install it?

aimhere
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Post-processing with ComicRN failing

Post by evilhero »

Requests is a module that is used by Python in order to make URL requests. It has some extra bells & whistles, along with security items that make it the defacto thing now to use.

I didn't even think about the non-requests users when I updated thre autoProcessComics.cfg file.

The easiest fix atm is to put back the original autoProcessComics.py file - it will still work as it's legacy.

If you want to install requests it's pretty simple - 'pip install requests' will do it on a basic level. If you do happen to go this route, you'll have to change your autoProcessComics.cfg file to accommodate the new workflow - username and password are no longer part the cfg, just the mylar apikey.

I'll try to do the flip back in the code and roll it out so it will work either way, but might be a day or so before I get it out.

EDIT. Update to the latest dev - and replace your existing autoProcessComics.py file with the newest one. You'll also have to change out your autoProcessComics.cfg so that you're using the one with the apikey and fill in that value (that's unavoidable - I was never fond of keeping user/pass' in plain txt files)
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

Huzzah! I was just about to revert autoProcesscomics.py, but then I saw your post. Updated again, tried post-process again on a previous pp-failure, now ComicRN is succeeding.

Before all that, I did try 'pip install requests' from my python folder, and it appeared to complete successfully, but the (old) version of autoProcessComics.py was still saying it couldn't load requests. I think somehow I may have two revisions of Python 2.7 installed on my system (the one from SynoCommunity, and maybe one built-into DSM???)

aimhere
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

evilhero wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:02 pm Requests is a module that is used by Python in order to make URL requests. It has some extra bells & whistles, along with security items that make it the defacto thing now to use.

I didn't even think about the non-requests users when I updated thre autoProcessComics.cfg file.

The easiest fix atm is to put back the original autoProcessComics.py file - it will still work as it's legacy.

If you want to install requests it's pretty simple - 'pip install requests' will do it on a basic level. If you do happen to go this route, you'll have to change your autoProcessComics.cfg file to accommodate the new workflow - username and password are no longer part the cfg, just the mylar apikey.

I'll try to do the flip back in the code and roll it out so it will work either way, but might be a day or so before I get it out.

EDIT. Update to the latest dev - and replace your existing autoProcessComics.py file with the newest one. You'll also have to change out your autoProcessComics.cfg so that you're using the one with the apikey and fill in that value (that's unavoidable - I was never fond of keeping user/pass' in plain txt files)

Im confused here, do I need to change the cfg file?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's a bit more involved depending on your workflow.

If you aren't using forms authentication in Mylar, you can just keep your existing autoProcessComics.cfg, and autoProcessComics.cfg files (since odds are they're seperate from the mylar install unless you symlinked them).

If you're using forms authentication with mylar, then you have no choice but to use the new versions of both the autoProcessComics.cfg and autoProcessComics.py files. In the .cfg, the only new aspect is the inclusion of the apikey now, and the removal of the username and password fields. Everything else is identical. So if you don't have an apikey generated within Mylar, you need to do that first - otherwise you would just put the existing apikey into new autoProcessComics.cfg file.

Note that in either of these workflows, if you use completed download handling within Mylar, this change has no effect - since you can't use comicrn with completed download handling enabled it bypasses all of these issues.
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

Ok, maybe I missed something on the upgrade in dev, but post processing and pushbullet are both dead now. I have been using this for so long with no issues, I guess I forget what I might have added to make this all work?

I don't want to take to much time with troubleshooting if I need to look at a guide I will!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You need to indicate more clearly as to what is broken and give the resulting logs showing what it is that's broken. Unfortunately just saying that something is dead isn't helpful, as there are lots of us that are running it with no problems (granted the last big commit caused some issues, but they're being worked thru) - so without seeing a cause & effect workflow, it makes it really difficult to test seeing as how it can't be replicated currently by myself.
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

Totally understand. I went to readme’s and github to see if I needed to update nzb scripts in Mylar but didn’t see anything obvious. I’ll post more logs when I get home!
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

and all back to normal! Not sure what was hosing things

Thanks again
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Hey there,

My ComicsRN has been acting up for a while (stalling and holding up the nzbget queue) so I thought upgrade to the latest version of this and the cfg file, but I have no idea how to install the Python Requests module on my QNAP. So I would like to go back to the of version that doesn't use the Mylar Api... I can't find a download for it tho. Can you help?

Thanks!