Server error after update

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Aimhere

Server error after update

Post by Aimhere »

Hi,

I just updated Mylar on my Synology NAS today. After the update, the web UI will not load. Instead, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
  File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
  File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
  File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 71, in home
    comics = helpers.havetotals()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/helpers.py", line 1402, in havetotals
    cpub = re.sub('(N)', '', comic['ComicPublished']).strip()
  File "/usr/local/mylar/env/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 155, in sub
    return _compile(pattern, flags).sub(repl, string, count)
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Powered by CherryPy 3.2.0 
I looked at the log file and see no reference to this error, only the usual startup and comic-processing messages.

Mylar Version: 4cce202fe40d48aa57d89c7a8f62a39ec2028cfa (development)
Synology Diskstation 413j
DSM 6.1.5-15254

Please help!

aimhere
Last edited by Aimhere on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aimhere

Re: Server error after update

Post by Aimhere »

Update: I found this thread where the original poster was having the same issue. My symptoms are identical, e.g. I cannot load http://<IP>:8080/home, but CAN load /logs, /manage, etc. if I type them into the address bar.

Aside from the Mylar update, nothing else in my setup has changed.

aimhere
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

What happened (most likely as this was the case that was brought up in irc earlier today), is that Mylar crapped out during a DBUpdate refresh sequence due to a problem with the coverimage not being set properly. It just went into an endless loop after it already wiped out the existing comic information and set everything to a None value.

Restart Mylar, and try to go to the Manage tab and Manage Comics (ie. /manage/manageComics) - hopefully you can bring that up. Then if you can, sort it by Status and you should see a few series that have a 'Loading' status or something simliar (because it never finished the refresh). Just delete the series, and then re-add it and you should be good going forward. You just got stuck unfortunately between the update & the fix (mainly due to my sleep most likely) - and it just borked up the series' it was trying to refresh.

FYI. I just pushed a commit into dev (#9c93d29) that should allow the main page and other pages that were having problems, to load properly and assign just a straight NULL value to the Publisher field instead of trying to parse the value, and result in an error.
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

That did it, after installing the latest development update the UI loads. I was able to get to "Manage Comics", where I had at least half a dozen series with the status "Unknown", and deleted them

Unfortunately, now i have a different problem, which I will make a separate post for.

aimhere