Mylar + Torznab + TPB

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
GaitherStephens

Mylar + Torznab + TPB

Post by GaitherStephens »

Good Afternoon,

I have Torznab up and running great with Headphones, Sonarr, and Radarr. However, I cannot get it to work correctly with Mylar. I'm attaching some screenshots to see if someone smarter than me can help me figure out the problem.

Mylar seems to be identifying the comic correctly, but is unable to handle passing of the torrent to Deluge. I also tried just dumping the torrent into a watch directory and that doesn't work either.

Gaither
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar + Torznab + TPB

Post by evilhero »

I'll reply here - even though I already replied on github, and again I'll reiterate this - don't post the same issue multiple times in different locations. The only reason I'm doing it here now, is because you provided a screenshot that had an error in a portion that you need to change. Otherwise, I honestly would just ignore the post(s) completely.

Ok, first up. Drop ThePirateBay. It sucks for comics. Use another tracker that actually HAS comics. Magnet's are not supported within Mylar, so trying to send some to it will fail miserably. It doesn't matter if Jackett supports it, Mylar cannot use them as it is, so it will fail. There are 2 very good reasons to not use TPB with it, and there are other trackers that have a much, much greater selection of comics and are updated. Don't ask about magnet support - as far as I'm aware, only TPB forces people to use ONLY magnet links - so unless another tracker forces the issue I don't plan on spending time trying to figure out how to include it within Mylar atm.

Second, if you were to find a torrent site that doesn't send magnet links (TPB is the only one that doesn't give a choice) - you're deluge host address is incorrect. You need to remove the protocol from the URL, so that it's just in a straight IP:PORT format. Once it's done, make sure to save the configuration and you should be good to go at that point.
GaitherStephens

Re: Mylar + Torznab + TPB

Post by GaitherStephens »

My apologies for the multiple posts.

I appreciate your reply.

I also appreciate your instructions and will adjust my installation accordingly.

Thank you for your assistance and I am excited to get this up and running.

Gaither