Crash on fresh start

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
aib37

Crash on fresh start

Post by aib37 »

Mylar stopped running for me, and i removed it and reinstalled and continue to get this same crash immediately. Doesnt appear to know where to find the files its looking for, but i dont know enough about this to know why.

the logs show this

22-Jan-2018 10:30:34 - INFO :: MainThread : Successfully discovered local IP and locking it in as : 192.168.0.120
22-Jan-2018 10:30:34 - INFO :: MainThread : Config GIT Branch: None
22-Jan-2018 10:30:34 - ERROR :: MainThread : Couldn't find latest installed version.
22-Jan-2018 10:30:34 - ERROR :: MainThread : Output does not look like a hash, not using it

thats all. than it crashes.

i set it up fresh in a new directory as well with same result. It is set up through GitHubDesktop

can anyone give any advise?

-andy
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Crash on fresh start

Post by evilhero »

Try running Mylar with vebose mode on (ie. python Mylar.py -v) and it will give more verbose information about what's happening when it attempts to start.

I'm assuming with Github Desktop you're using windows - but I was under the impression that Github Desktop was for managing your projects (ie. you're doing code work), so I've never installed it via that. I'm also assuming that you're running a python version that's at the 2.7.x level - since Mylar will not work with 3.x.

Can you not just install it normally via a git clone (the tried & tested method of installing stuff via git) ?