Dark Knights - Story Arc

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
jedimole

Dark Knights - Story Arc

Post by jedimole »

Still confused with Story Arcs. If the arc contains a title I don't normally collect, does it not get grabbed then? Im missing issue 4 in the reading order, but I don't even know what title it may be?! Does Comic Vine list all the issues in the thread normally if I look there?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Dark Knights - Story Arc

Post by evilhero »

jedimole wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:31 pm Still confused with Story Arcs. If the arc contains a title I don't normally collect, does it not get grabbed then? Im missing issue 4 in the reading order, but I don't even know what title it may be?! Does Comic Vine list all the issues in the thread normally if I look there?
The Story Arcs aren't automated for searches - so when you click on the Search for Missing option, it will do an RSS+API search for the given issue, but it won't do it on a scheduled basis. If you're missing issue 4 in the reading order - it will say what it is that you're missing on the detail page. You then would have to do a Search for Missing every time you want to search. However, it will also not update the arcs - this has to be done manually as well at this point, so you need to either click on the Refresh icon beside each arc on the Story Arc Management page, or within each arc by clicking on the Refresh Story Arc button. CV will list all the issues of an arc if they're published - if they have yet to be published, it won't be listed.

I actually just finished coding the automated searching for story-arcs, so they piggy-back onto the normal Wanted list and will go through the normal workflow, so one doesn't have to manually search for story arc issues. There's some other things involved with it, that I'm currently working on, so hopefully by week's end it'll be available in the development build. With any luck, I'll be able to also include the automation of the arc getting refreshed on a weekly basis at least, so that it can stay current with issues.