Files being archived after renaming?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Files being archived after renaming?

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Some files didn't move on their own, so I started putting them where they belong (or adding it to Mylar if not currently existing)

Lunberjanes Faire and Square 2017 Special

1)I forget what the original file name was, but I copied it into the correct folder that Mylar created
2) I hit recheck files - it found the file
3) I hit rename files - it renamed it to: Lumberjanes Faire and Square 2017 Special - 001.cbr (which I think is close to what the orginal file was, it did had 001 added to it, whether I grabbed it like that or I changed it weeks ago, I can't recall)
4) Mylar changed status to Archived.

Lady Mechanika (2010)
It did same as above for issue 0. now there are two issue zeros in that run for whatever reason.
it renamed the file to : Lady Mechanika - 000.cbz
shows as archived. If I add 2010 to it, then it shows as downloaded.

I assume that's because of the two 0's in the run.

Also

Neverland Return of Hook.

1) I added the file: Neverland Return of Hook.cbr
2) recheck doesn't find it, manually named it to Neverland Return of Hook - 001.cbr
3) recheck doesn't find it
4) I go to Alternate File-Naming and enter : Neverland - Return of Hook
5) recheck doesn't find it.
6) Manually change name: Neverland Return of Hook one shot - 001.cbr
7) recheck finds it
8) hit rename Files
9) changes it to Neverland Return of Hook - 001.cbr
10) changes status to Archived.

/shrugs. :)

This working as intended or did something change?

I'm all caught up on updates for Mylar:

Mylar Version: development
-- git build fc76303af4d0e9c93f03cb8bb242afbf50147fe4.
Python Version : 2.7.14

Thanks for any input.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Files being archived after renaming?

Post by evilhero »

It's hard to say exactly, but based on some quick testing:

Lunberjanes Faire and Square 2017 Special - this is due to the 'Special' coming after the year in the title. Mylar assumes that the year is the ending point of the series title so everything after is usually just the issue title. In this case, and some others where this happens that I know of, it's getting confused and saying the series is 'Lumberjanes Faire and Square' instead of the actual title, thus the problem matching. If you were to add in the issue year, it would pick it up (just tested it as 'Lumberjanes Faire and Square 2017 Special - 001 (2017).cbr' and it worked).

Lady Mechanika (2010) - you are correct in your assumption about the dual issues. When Mylar knows there are 2 issue numbers that are identical, but no issue year is given to distinguish the two issues, it doesn't know which one to use for a given issue so it doesn't pick any (there should be an error/log message somewhere that would indicate this during the recheck files I would guess). As long as the issue numbers don't fall in the same issue year, things work fine. I have yet to find a series where there are 2 identically numbered issues of the same series & volume that were published in the same year (and I really don't want to find any, cause that would suck..)

Neverland Return of Hook - this is simply because the filename is different than the title that CV has. But because of the sequence of your entries, it renamed it to the wrong name. Alternate file-naming will force rename every issue of the given series to whatever the Alternate File Name value is regardless of if it's correct or not. Because you set it to 'Neverland - Return of Hook', when it discovered the issue after you renamed it to coincide with the CV value (the '...one shot' entry), and then you renamed it - it renamed the issue to the Alternate File-Name value. But because it doesn't know that's the correct title, it can't match it properly.
What you want to use is the Alternate Search Name field - this field will be checked for any values, and if any are present, when searching/file-rechecking/post-processing these values (cause you can enter multiple values), as well as the actual series title will all be used to check for matches. I'm guessing you want to keep it as 'Neverland - Return of Hook', so leave that as the Alternate File Name, but then for Alternate Search Name put in 'Neverland Return of Hook', Update and then recheck. It'll find it from that point forward.

I'll be looking into the 'Special' issue numbering problem - it's been on the radar before but I honestly just keep on forgetting about it

FYI. Also forgot - the Alternate Search Name field will strip out all non-alphanumeric characters when doing comparisons, so putting in a '-', or not shouldn't have any bearing on the matching.