NZBgeek

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
capGrundy

Re: NZBgeek

Post by capGrundy »

Ok, I've got backup/restoring down. I figured it out while trying to to the updates from e1bc2d9786392bfd1114b11e687ba792d6c5363b. It still creates that DB error I forwarded you before. I'm actually new to getting under the hood in diskstation, and I've been getting re-acquainted with linux (of which I barely was previously). I've forgotten fun it can be to start picking things up again.

What I'd like to try is doing incremental updates, and not all 308 commits at once like it wants to do. I'll confess I'm a noob to GitHub and how to manually do updates. Would you have any suggestions/guidance on how to possible step up through some commit updates? I'd like to either find where it breaks, or just find out that there was just a point in the update process that needed to be done before a much later one to keep it from breaking.

I did notice after doing the bulk update that my list of list of titles was cut in half or more, and the ini entries were wiped out.
capGrundy

Post by capGrundy »

nm...I think I'm good. Had some breakthroughs.

There will be a donation coming your way for wading through these :mrgreen:
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Heh - glad you finally got it working ;) Usually I'm pretty good at responding quickly, but this weekend got kinda busy with family stuff so I wasn't able to check out issues as I normally would be able to. And many thanks for the support as well - it's all very much appreciated!

I'm not sure how old of a version of Mylar is that you're running, but that seems pretty old or at least I can't find it in a recent commit (plus given that you said 308 commits behind that would be awhile ago). It really shouldn't be a problem doing updates and it definitely shouldn't be affecting the size of your watchlist.

If you're running git, and provided you did a git clone to do the install - it's pretty much as simple as doing a 'git pull' from within the Mylar root directory (with Mylar not running) in order to get it up-to-date all at once. The nice thing about the git pull method, is that if encounters an error it will not perform the pull and stop with a warning indicating the file(s) that are problematic.

Otherwise, you could also do it from within the GUI, and normally this method is fine. But if you're behind by like 300+ commits it's probably not advisable to do that given the problems thus far.

The safest bet is to always back up the 2 most important files within Mylar - the config.ini, and mylar.db. With these 2 files backed up, you could literally wipe out the Mylar directory, reinstall from scratch, put those files back and you're back up and running with minimal downtime.

I'm not sure what DB error you were referring to - the 0 providers error, or the logger/connection error ?
capGrundy

Post by capGrundy »

I figured you probably had normal weekend things to do. That was probably for the best, as it gave me a chance to really knuckle-down and learn some more linux. Left to my own devices, I can usually get 90% the way there.

I've got my install current now, running docked again. I've got the db file in the wings until I can get the last details taken care of. You don't need to worry about that other DB error. It resolved itself along the way.

The last issue I'm running into is with SAB. I have the scripts in place, and they can talk to mylar. I'm stuck with a path problem. I have the error below. The problem is there is such a dir, and the folder is there. The actual full path is /volume1/downloads/sabnzbd/, but SAB sees it below volume1 the way it's mapped in the docker (which by default only allows you to map to folders inside volume1).

Can you think of a config trick I could use to bridge this gap?

Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 165, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/PostProcessor.py", line 1105, in Process
self.nzb_or_oneoff_pp(tinfo=pp)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/PostProcessor.py", line 1712, in nzb_or_oneoff_pp
dupthis = helpers.duplicate_filecheck(self.nzb_folder, ComicID=comicid, IssueID=issueid)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/helpers.py", line 2056, in duplicate_filecheck
filesz = os.path.getsize(filename)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 57, in getsize
return os.stat(filename).st_size
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/downloads/sabnzbd/Suicide.Squad.027.2017.Digital.Thornn-Empire'
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There's an option in the Configuration GUI in the Download Settings tab, under the SABnzbd option / Are Mylar/SAB on separate machines?/ SABnzbd Download Directory. From what I recall, entering in the folder there will over-ride the information that's passed back from SABnzbd as to the directory of where the final download is located. I would assume that from an OS perspective it probably assumes that a docker is a separate OS, so enabling and setting this should fix the problem.

So in your case, just setting it to :

Code: Select all

/volume1/downloads/sabnzbd/
should be enough for it to find the proper location to look for files.

Just remember after you enter in the information, to save the config and restart Mylar just to ensure the settings take properly. Then you can test it, and as long as the user running Mylar has full access/perms to the /volume1/downloads/sabnzbd folder, you should be off to the races.
capGrundy

Post by capGrundy »

I didn't realize that was what you get when you click on "not on the same server".

I added it, but still, no luck: "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/volume1/downloads/sabnzbd/Daredevil.020.2017.Digital.Zone-Empire'"

I'm trying to figure out if this is a privilege thing, a docker thing, or a relative path thing. It may be a little of all. I'm going to try NZBget again as well.
capGrundy

Post by capGrundy »

I got it. What a :shock: 'ing pain, though.

So in order to see the folders (and this was the case in other docked apps I was setting up), I needed to give them root privileges first, and do a task. After that, I could revert it to the user account, and it respected the privileges there.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah, from my short experience in setting up a docker I had decided it would have been an easier and less monumental task if I were to just get a pilot's license, take skydiving lessons, rent a small airplane for a day, then go skydiving without a parachute. I'm glad you had an easier time than I did with it (in just a general sense if nothing else).

So did you actually have to keep the 'On Separate machines' option enabled within Mylar for things to work, or just using ComicRN then was enough? I'm curious, as the next dev commit will have completed download handling for both SABnzbd/NZBGet so there's no need for the ComicRN stuff (unless you wanted to keep using it, it will still be usable as a legacy-type option), and trying to figure out how dockers would be affected by it would help me in troubleshooting/fixing problems before others encounter such things ;)

Thanks for coming back and giving updates too - it helps to know what worked so that threads can be referenced by others if they're having a similar problem.
capGrundy

Post by capGrundy »

It wasn't as bad as my first attempt at it, but it's possible it was like living next to the airport where you just stop hearing the planes after a while. I think beating my head against it enough transcended me another plane where I started to get it, and then they were a snap to set up. There's a lot of posts about how to do them, but in some ways they were worse, where all them did things just different enough where you stopped being sure your head still wasn't up you ass where it started the process from.

ANYway, I did keep the separate machines settings, and mainly because it is working that way now. It's possible I don't need it now that I have the permissions thing straightened out. The real breakthrough came when I turned to setting up sonnar, and it has a built-in folder nav, so I could see where I was, and what I couldn't see. Once I set everything to root like I mentioned, and things showed up, I knew what was really broken (and get the permissions right after that, as I mentioned). That enabled me to know what mylar was really seeing, even if I couldn't see from the UI, and point it properly.

I'd hate to see that function go now that I have it working, but I know what it's like to drag around too much old code. I guess I would need to know more about how sab/nzb take over that job without the comicRN. If it's easy enough to do, I'd be willing to move on as well. As I mentioned, I'm feeling my way around linux and programs, but having 20+ years of programming and basic monkeying around with tech at least helps keeping that learning curve from being a corner.

I'm happy to pass along the process. I'm always afraid it borders on rambling, but from someone who plowing through old posts looking insight do I can make something DIY, I also know a scrap or two of shared info can make a difference.

Speaking of, as I notice little tweaks and issues as I go, it it more helpful to put those in new posts? I don't want to carpet with posts, but I also know it's probably more helpful for board readers to find things by subject.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You might still need the separate machines option in Mylar, just because - and I always just assumed this, but could be wrong - that the OS thinks that each docker is it's own 'machine' and treats it as such (meaning it's independent of other items on the same system).

As far as the completed download handling, there's nothing to really do (when it's available for use I mean), aside from just removing the ComicRN.py script from your category script within SAB (or NZBGet). Mylar will then use the information already provided for the given client and monitor for completion and then post-process it once it's completed. If it doesn't work, for whatever reason, you just turn off the option for completed download handling and put your ComicRN.py script back to your category. It's an either/or option at this point, because the code is there and I'm trying not to break things as I roll new stuff out - so unless something changes whereby the script will not work, I don't see it being removed anytime in the near future.

And yes, of course - if you happen to come across any issues, problems, tweaks, requests during your usage just create a new topic on the forums pertaining to the item. It's definitely easier from a management point when I can see what the posts are about just by looking at the topic (generally), whereas if an issue is brought up in a topic that has nothing/very little to do with the original topic, then the odds of me finding it again are pretty slim (cause hey, I'm only human).