Cannot recreate pull list, nothing is being searched for/downloaded

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Warborg

Cannot recreate pull list, nothing is being searched for/downloaded

Post by Warborg »

Ok, so it seems that my Mylar hasn't been downloading anything the past few days or even searching for it. I went through the logs and there was a mention of there being no issue information and if this happens to re-create the pull list. So I tried to do this and now the pull list is empty. I have posted the portion of the debug log below showing the refresh... I'm guessing maybe that the Comicvine API is down or something, but I'm not sure how to determine this on my own. Anyway, any input appreciated and if you have some hints as to what I can do/check myself before coming here in the future that would be great as well...

2017-10-26 23:08:21 INFO [PULL-LIST] Successfully populated pull-list into Mylar for the week of: 43
2017-10-26 23:08:21 INFO [WEEKLY-PULL] There are 0 issues for the week of 43, 2017
2017-10-26 23:08:20 INFO ALT_PULL: 2 PULLBYFILE: False week: 43 year: 2017
2017-10-26 23:08:20 INFO trying to repopulate to week: 43-2017
2017-10-26 23:08:20 DEBUG [WALKSOFTLY] You are watching for: 190 comics

Mylar Version: development
-- git build 19f34ab79d40c75cec64237d2e2b9931c37742cb.
Python Version : 2.7.11

It's running on a headless server Windows Home Server 2011
Warborg

Re: Cannot recreate pull list, nothing is being searched for/downloaded

Post by Warborg »

And just as a followup, probably not a surprise, but I was able to download the weeks issues manually and put them in the import directory... When I hit the the Go Manual Run! button under the Manual Post-Processing tab (which normally works just fine) it's not processing anything. If I look up the comics within Mylar it doesn't show the newest wanted issue, just the issues it already has.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah, there's currently a problem on the backend that I'm trying to sort out. Noticed it really late last night, but only started looking at it a little while ago.

Hopefully should be back online & normal in an hour or two - I'll throw an update in here when everything's been fixed (this happens occasionally, and it requires manual intervention on my part to fix the problem, sometimes it's a small thing other times it's a much larger problem)...
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

Ah ok, so it's definitely not just me... So I did find if I go into the individual comic and do a refresh on it, it will populate a wanted spot for the new issue and then grab it from the import directory.

Also I did notice another issue as far as updating... For a few days it's been telling me I'm 2 commits behind, I will hit update and it will say it's updating and restarting, but when it comes back it still says I'm 2 behind and looks as though it's not updating. I've tried this both on a client PC and RDPed into the server itself and it will not update. I just bring this up because if whatever the fix is for the pull list requires a patch, I'm concerned I may not be able to update to it...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Warborg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:21 pm Ah ok, so it's definitely not just me... So I did find if I go into the individual comic and do a refresh on it, it will populate a wanted spot for the new issue and then grab it from the import directory.

Also I did notice another issue as far as updating... For a few days it's been telling me I'm 2 commits behind, I will hit update and it will say it's updating and restarting, but when it comes back it still says I'm 2 behind and looks as though it's not updating. I've tried this both on a client PC and RDPed into the server itself and it will not update. I just bring this up because if whatever the fix is for the pull list requires a patch, I'm concerned I may not be able to update to it...
Yeah, what happens is that when the pull-list comes down initially it might know a few comicid's at that time depending on the series, but as Wednesday approaches the comcid's start to fill in and then once it knows the comicid, it does a refresh against the watchlist series to pull in the new issue data so the new issue will then show up in the series detail page. Until the issue appears in the series detail page,Mylar will not be able to snatch/post-process it as it doesn't know it exists. It being marked as Wanted on the pull-list is a separate process just to indicate that the issue is upcoming and will be monitored as such.

As far as updating, it depends on the branch and the OS. There have been issues with people updating on windows due to some old .pyc files not being cleaned up by python when Mylar runs after an update.

What you can do if you're having problems especially if you did a git clone initially to install Mylar, is to do a 'git pull' from the directory where Mylar is installed - which will pull down the newest commit from Mylar. Usually it's because you modified a local file and it can't overwrite things, but it can't as the local changes have priority. If you do a 'git pull', it will indicate if there's any problems and what the file(s) are that are being problematic.

Forgot to mention - the weekly pull-list is working again now ;)