Mylar, not refreshing Comic Page

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
disposablehero

Mylar, not refreshing Comic Page

Post by disposablehero »

Hello,

with the recent updates on mylar I noticed that if you are on a Comic Page and doing a "Refesh Comic" or "Recheck Files", Mylar will do the update in the background, but does not refreshing the Comic-Page in the Browser(in my Case Chrome on Win7). I always have to manually refresh the site, so I will see the update. Not really a bug, just a minor annoyance.

My Mylar:
Configuration Options
Mylar Version: development
-- git build 19f34ab79d40c75cec64237d2e2b9931c37742cb.
Python Version : 2.7.9

Maybe there is an easy fix. :)

Thanks
DH
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar, not refreshing Comic Page

Post by evilhero »

Yep, there's probably a way but because it's a background process it gets kind of tricky having to return the success of the process so that the screen can refresh.

I've known about this for a very long time, but haven't been able to come up with a clean solution that will refresh just the data (not the page). I've made some progress on some other functions that have a similar feature, but none of them occur at the completion of a process - so atm, it's a little bit of a problem to get it to refresh properly.

I'm open to suggestions / help in this matter, as the ajax functions/returns aren't really a strong point as I'm kinda learning as I go, which makes things difficult when you try to tackle some of the advanced stuff ;)