Torznab setup

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
atem55

Torznab setup

Post by atem55 »

Hi,

I have Jackett setup already, which i am using successfully with both Couchpotato and Sonarr.
I have added a torrent provider to the Jackett config, for 1337x which tests successfully in the Jackett UI and i can also manually search through this UI.

I'm unsure what configuration i need to put in the Mylar config, once i check the 'Enable Torznab' box!

What do i need in the 4 fields, aside from the API which i hope i've figured out correctly ;)

Thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Torznab setup

Post by evilhero »

Well it could be because of the provider - I mean torznab is great, don't get me wrong, but it's built on the basis for movies / tv shows, and not really for comics. Since the information it passes back has to be text-based matched (as opposed to tv or movies which have tvdbid/imdbid respectively), if the title of the issue(s) isn't something Mylar can understand then it wouldn't be able to use the search results properly. Mylar will not work with packs / TPB's / GN's unless that's what you're searching for - but even then, Mylar is built to handle single issues, so the TPB's & GN's are kinda touch & go in some cases as some work, and some won't work.

As far as the config - it's pretty straightforward:
Name - just a general name for your own usage (it has no bearing within Mylar aside from your own info)
Host - is the host of your torznab provider url (ie. http://localhost:9117/torznab/1337x)
API - is the api key to access your torznab client
Category - the category to map the comics to on the given provider - this will change depending on the provider being used.

Once you have your settings configured, save the settings and then restart Mylar so it can apply the settings properly. Then, after you have it back up and running - go the Logs tab and select the 'Toggle Debug log ON' button in the upper left corner. Then try to do a search, and it verbosely log the search - then pastebin the log back in here and I can help more as to what's happening.
GaitherStephens

Re: Torznab setup

Post by GaitherStephens »

I could definitely use some help with a similar problem.

https://pastebin.com/rqJ70kvg