Blank Search

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
codenomics

Blank Search

Post by codenomics »

I am just finding Mylar and currently in the middle of setup.
I tested searching for a comic and running into an issue.

When I do a search for a comic, the tail end of the url changes to "/searchit?name=comicnamehere" and I get a blank page.

I have a CV API and have no issues browsing/searching the site.

Code: Select all

ERROR	Unable to perform required pull-list search for : [name: comicnamehere][mode: series][explicitsearch:None]
WARNING	Error fetching data from ComicVine: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Blank Search

Post by evilhero »

Handshake failure is usually due to either running a version of python less than 2.7.9, and/or the openssl libraries aren't properly installed for python (generally this can be done by doing a

Code: Select all

pip requests[cryptography]
which installs all the necessary requirements).

At this point in the equation, you're not even hitting CV as your system can't validate their security certificate in order to proceed - that's what either/both of the above items should fix.
codenomics

Post by codenomics »

You are awesome.
I was on Python 2.7.6 and update fixed the issue... Although searching is SLOW!

Time to finish the rest of this up, thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Searching is slow because it has to pause 60s between each search and on a given issue there could be up to 3 searches for that issue number (ie. 5, 05, and 005), along with if you have alternate search terms and/or different series naming conventions.

The 60s isn't changeable due to how indexers run their api's and tend to block out applications that hit them excessively fast, so it's to accommodate not hammering the sites. While 60s might seem abit much, so is hammering a site every single second - and all the searching is done in background threads so it shouldn't affect the usage otherwise ;)

Now if you're taking about comicvine searches, again that's the CV api restrictions. They limit it to an api request every odd second and then a limited number per hour. Plus, their search methodology sucks so if you search for a general/common series, like 'batman' or whatever, it'll pull down the first 1000 hits out of ten thousand+. If you're searching for series that have multiple words, put the words in double quotes and it'll limit the search to that exact wording (ie. "Gotham city garage" will produce less results if done in double quotes)