Less a Mylar Issue but..

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Less a Mylar Issue but..

Post by evilhero »

It's already part of Mylar (and has been for a very long time).

Enable the 'Experimental Search' option in the Providers tab, save the config and restart Mylar.

Keep in mind that because there's no api for it, it will occasionally return 0 results even if there are some results, as well as possibly apply a very short temp ban from further requests that will return 0 results (the ban is like less than a minute usually).

Thus the labelling of it as being 'Experimental'... ;)
milkplus

Post by milkplus »

Huh... Already had Experimental Search enabled and it was still spitting back 0 results. Oh well, hopefully this was just an anomaly and this week's books will be uploaded to the normal channels as usual.
machogrande

Post by machogrande »

I've only ever used experimental and it's always worked flawlessly for me. This is the first time that Mylar hasn't grabbed nzbs that are available on nzbindex. Since Mylar is still returning zero results—6 days after the files became available on nzbindex—any thoughts on when Mylar might start grabbing them again? I've tried restarting Mylar, unchecking and rechecking experimental and restarting. No luck.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

How are you guys doing the search?

If you're just letting the RSS fire off every 20 mins, it probably wouldn't be on there at this point (as it only holds the last 50 items). You need to do an RSS + API search.

Try doing either a manual search from the series detail page for a given issue (the magnifying glass icon), or you could even click on the 'Manually Check for Issues' button on the weekly pull which will fire off a full search for any issues on your pullist that are still in a Wanted status (now that I think about it, this might only work for the current week).

Other than that it could be how it's posted to usenet as far as naming. What about tossing me 1/2 names of files that it's not finding and I'll see if it's a matching problem.
machogrande

Post by machogrande »

Thanks for taking a look at this. I've done an API search---both the magnifying glass and Manually Check for Issues, neither are able to find a match. A couple examples of titles on my pull list that aren't found are Iron Fist 6 and The Walking Dead 170.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok, I put up a quick fix in a gist on github (since I don't know if it will work or not as intended, but it worked for me when I tried it a couple times in succession).

The gist is: here.

Short instructions:
- With Mylar not running, first delete all the .pyc files in the mylar subdirectory where the findcomicfeed.py already exists.
- Then backup your existing findcomicfeed.py file as you'll need to drop it back in order to do in-app updates when you want to update again.
- Download the gist and put the downloaded findcomicfeed.py in the location where you just backed up from
- Start up Mylar and see what happens (please let me know if it works or not)
byronbulb

Post by byronbulb »

You have an error on line 59. Try this instead

Code: Select all

feeds.append(feedparser.parse("http://nzbindex.nl/rss/alt.binaries.comics.dcp/?sort=agedesc&" + str(size_constraints) + str(max_age) + "&dq=%s&$"))
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ah crap... Cut & paste truncated the line.

Correct line that's needed for the search to fire off is now here. Thanks for the headsup ;)
milkplus

Post by milkplus »

Just a heads up I've had a number of this week's comics successfully download automatically as normal through Mylar. Not everything yet mind you, but it's still early so the others could still come through later today/tomorrow.
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

Yep, mine just came down too! So maybe it was just a weeks glitch?!