Is it possible to import Mylar formatted comics into clean install of Mylar

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
milkplus

Is it possible to import Mylar formatted comics into clean install of Mylar

Post by milkplus »

Hi there,

I had the worst thing happen. My Mylar was installed on an old PC that has sadly bit the bullet and is irreparable. Luckily, all my comics are stored on a separate NAS so they are fine, however it means i've lost my Mylar DB and config files.

Is there an easy way to re-import these issues back into a fresh install of Mylar on a new PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to import Mylar formatted comics into clean install of Mylar

Post by evilhero »

You could try to do an import directory on your collection, but with the move option unchecked. This should just add the series to your watchlist and mark the given issues as either downloaded/archived or skipped. Make sure your comic location (in the config Gui) is set to your NAS location for comics. It should then mark the series as Downloaded as it scans it, and since it's not moving files it wouldn't move the files anywhere. But your best bet initially, is to try it on a small sample set - even import one series directory from your NAS and see how it goes (with the options indicated above or else it might attempt to overwrite the files with themselves).

I think I really need to put an option to just add the series to the watchlist, instead of running thru a whole import process.
milkplus

Post by milkplus »

Thanks for getting back to me. Will give this a go and let you know how I get on.
milkplus

Post by milkplus »

Hey, so this sort of worked. I re-added the library but it mixed up a lot of the comics - mistaking Batman 2016 for an older volume, for example. I seem to have managed to remedy the situation by going back and manually adding the series in Mylar and it then picks up that the downloaded issues are in the folder, so not a huge deal.

However, since the move (early last week) i haven't been able to download last week's comics at all. Searches on DogNZB, OMGWTFNZBS and DrunkenSlug say that the latest issues can't be found which i can't believe is actually the case.

I tested by adding a new series, Old Man Logan, and that seemed to download a majority of the issues fine from DogNZB.

Any idea what might be the problem? Thanks!