What if a comic is incorrectly identified?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Rumik

What if a comic is incorrectly identified?

Post by Rumik »

Hey there,

Importing my ComicRack library and Mylar has identified my Star Wars Lando series as a 1973 comic called Lando. How can I change the series? In Comicarack you can manually select from all the possible matches. Do I need to rename the files to get a perfect match?

Thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: What if a comic is incorrectly identified?

Post by evilhero »

It all depends on how you name it, and if there are more than one volume of a 'Lando' on CV.

If you're talking about viewing the results of the scan on the import results management page, and then doing an import from that page then it would probably come down to naming convention (ie volume label and issue year, and metadata if it's a cbz file all play a part in determining the issue).

If there is more than one result that matches or mylar is unsure, there should be an option that appears after the import called 'select' in which you can see the results of the import and select from that list.

What is the name of the file - if it's not detecting it I'd like to figure out what the cause of it is.
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Thanks for replying and clarifying! I’m not sure what the cause was but I renamed the file and deleted the series in Mylar and did a reimport and it picked it up fine. Im doing a massive import of my entire 50+gb collection so if I have any similar issues I’ll let you know!
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Oh I do have a related question- I’m doing a scan of my collection folder but the scan only pics up around 2k files at a time, so I restart the scan and it picks up more. Is this normal? I keep on having to check if it’s stopped detecting files son I can kick off another scan.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It shouldn't stop at 2k - I mean it stores all the info in memory so if you're machine doesn't have enough horsepower or another process in mylar crashes due to it running in the background it might affect the state of the import.

People have run scans against 20k+ files, but it takes some time due to having to parse each filename, and then parse subsequent metadata if they are cbz files (as it has to extract the cbz to retrieve the metadata for each file).

It could be that its getting hung up on a filename that has a non-standard character in it - it can handle most, but there are still some that show up and it causes the parser to error. Although in most cases, when it encounters an error during the scan it just marks the file as a 'fail to scan' and continues along...

Have you enabled debug logging during the scan to see if it's erroring out on the same file every time or if it's something else?
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Thanks for replying! Actually it was me assuming I had more files in the collection than I actually do - the import continues to count re-scans like they are new files but the results don't change. So it was just me being stupid.

Sadly Mylar has completely broken for some reason and uninstalling/reinstalling the app on my QNAP doesnt seem to make any difference :( Trying to get support over on the QNAP forums but no luck so far. I couldn't get my NZBget script to work (Refused Connections) and I must have done something to bork the config, which must be getting left over even when reinstalling :(