Does Mylar have a limit on filename length?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
burnshroom

Does Mylar have a limit on filename length?

Post by burnshroom »

Dumping some collections into my post processing folder, that I can get from other sources that Mylar doesn't support. So I will just download the packs and let Mylar post process them to try to fill in holes.

But Mylar doesn't seem to be progressing... I see errors like this:

Code: Select all

Timestamp	Level	Message

2017-06-24 16:50:21	DEBUG	'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "F:\\mylar\\mylar\\scheduler.py", line 78, in runAction\n self.action.run()\n File "F:\\mylar\\mylar\\PostProcessor.py", line 2099, in run\n result = PostProcess.Process()\n File "F:\\mylar\\mylar\\PostProcessor.py", line 313, in Process\n filelist = flc.listFiles()\n File "F:\\mylar\\mylar\\filechecker.py", line 123, in listFiles\n filelist = self.traverse_directories(self.dir)\n File "F:\\mylar\\mylar\\filechecker.py", line 998, in traverse_directories\n comicsize = os.path.getsize(os.path.join(dir, direc, fname))\n File "D:\\win10\\Python27\\lib\\genericpath.py", line 57, in getsize\n return os.stat(filename).st_size\nWindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: \'I:\\\\UTDownloads\\\\Complete\\\\Mylar\\\\Green Lantern Collection (1941-2016)\\\\Sinestro (2007-2016)\\\\Sinestro Corps War (Story Arc)(2007-2008)(Minutemen+TLK+digital-Empire)\\\\Variant Covers\\\\Green Lantern Corps 014 (2007) (2nd Printing Variant) (Minutemen-Brainiac&Sakr3d).cbr\'\n'

2017-06-24 16:50:21	DEBUG	Exception generated in thread FOLDERMONITOR: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'I:\\UTDownloads\\Complete\\Mylar\\Green Lantern Collection (1941-2016)\\Sinestro (2007-2016)\\Sinestro Corps War (Story Arc)(2007-2008)(Minutemen+TLK+digital-Empire)\\Variant Covers\\Green Lantern Corps 014 (2007) (2nd Printing Variant) (Minutemen-Brainiac&Sakr3d).cbr'
On some of these I go in and remove a depth in their folder hierarchy to try to alleviate the problem, but doesn't seem to be helping/working.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Does Mylar have a limit on filename length?

Post by evilhero »

I think you're still being affected by the maximum folder length/depth problem even if you were to remove one hierarchy.

From what I can recall, if you preceed the path by a

\\?\
Preceeding the path with this string, you're able to then access the unicode version of the windows api which allows for path lengths greater than the 260 character limit. (ie. \\?\I:\UTDownloads\Complete\Mylar\...)

Other than that, you could use symlinks or map and remap the folder up a few notches so that you can access it that way - although it might not help (ie. you could map

I:\\UTDownloads\\Complete\\Mylar\\
to another letter so that gives you that little bit of extra space, but from those path names it looks like you'd run out sooner rather than later.
burnshroom

Re: Does Mylar have a limit on filename length?

Post by burnshroom »

Thanks as always... This seems to have helped... not seeing those errors and seems to now be progressing through my folder correctly.