No apostrophe in folder name

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

No apostrophe in folder name

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

after refreshing my entire series, and now with the new updates any title that has an apostrophe in it will just create the folder without the apostrophe.

so - George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings
is - H:\Dynamite Entertainment\George R.R. Martins A Clash of Kings (2017)

It used to put it in, so I have a whole bunch of dupe folders I had/have to go through and I've been removing them. But I don't know if that's a comicvine error or a Mylar error.

Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: No apostrophe in folder name

Post by evilhero »

Actually I think it's been that way for awhile - it had to be changed due to how some OS' handle certain characters and causes some issues with moving/copying etc. Normally what happens is that when it tries to refresh a series it will check to see if the directory exists at the location provided. The problem, at this point, is that it dynamically generates the foldername based on what the series is and your folder format string. So even if you have a directory at a given location, once it comes up with that folder name it tries to locate it - if it can't then it will create it. I think what needs to happen is that if the folder exists that's already in the db, it should retain that setting - but if it can't find it, it should attempt to create using the new name (if it's changed/updated).

I'll have to look into this abit more, as of the top of my head I had thought it was only rewriting if it was different, not on every iteration...
leaderdog

Re: No apostrophe in folder name

Post by leaderdog »

Ok that makes sense, I figured it might have something to do with that.

Also is this why the semi colons no longer translate to dashes?

Secret Wars: Battleworld

used to change to:
Secret Wars - Battleworld

but now just display:

Secret Wars Battleworld

This is a source of much copy paste too. Since it doubled up pretty near any series with an existing dash in it.

Thanks for the clarification. :)