drive disappeared, on reboot Mylar shows zero comics

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

drive disappeared, on reboot Mylar shows zero comics

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero.

Odd problem for you.

Windows for some reason lost my harddrive. A reboot and it's been back and working fine ever since (nothing in event viewer) so not sure what happened. All my comics are there (and on backup drive) but Mylar shows I have 0/0 comics for all 2300ish series.

1) If I recheck files it comes up with nothing.
2) If I reresh comics it regrabs the info from comicvine and now displays my comics that are downloaded.

Problem here is if I set to refresh everything it will no doubt get me a temp ban from comicvine.

All the data should be in the cache folder, it didn't get tampered with, and my config.ini has no changes in it.

Is there a simple/quick way I can get it all to look in the cache and work properly again? ;)

Thanks
leaderdog

Re: drive disappeared, on reboot Mylar shows zero comics

Post by leaderdog »

I tried resinstalling Mylar.

Backed up config.ini, mylar.db and the cache directory

deleted the mylar folder

ran in cmd prompt
git clone https://github.com/evilhero/mylar -b development c:\Mylar

moved everything back.

and same problem. It knows I have over 2000 series, but no data in any of them... well other than the brand new series I added and a couple I hit refresh on to see if that would work.

So it looks like this is a case of taking a very long time to repopulate the series so I avoid being banned from Comicvine? I'm assuming if I go into Manage comics select all series and hit Refresh comicvine's api limit will get hit and then I get temp ban, or something to that effect?

Or just do 100 of them each day for the next 20 days or so to get Mylar back up to speed? I'm not sure what the limit or how much I can do when it comes to comicvine.

Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Sorry about the long delay - I thought I had responded a few days ago but it looks like my comment never made it on here (stupid phone must've dropped the connection during the send or something)...

With the cache folder, as long as the images are named exactly the same Mylar should be able to reference them to display the covers on the series detail page (each jpg image in the cache folder is just in the format of comicid.jpg - so if it's not displaying, then it might be a permissions issue of some kind moreso than anything else).

The issues not being present sounds like your db got corrupt and it was updating/refreshing the series while it was having problems and couldn't update the db to reflect the changes so it went to 0. CV has an hourly limit on the number of api calls you can do - otherwise you'll be temp-banned for the remainder of the given hour. I believe with volume calls (which is what Mylar does to retrieve series details) is 200, and issue calls are 200 as well (what mylar uses to pull down the issue info) - both of which are performed when you do a Refresh Series.

I do have something on the plate that does hourly updates against CV in order to update series (so that when the 48hr mark hits it doesn't try to update ALL the series, but in this case it would do hourly updates to series, keep track of which was updated and then take the next oldest and update those - so maybe like 40/50 hour could be done in theory without really hurting your api calls). This is still a ways away from happening unfortunately so it won't be of much help for you in your particular problem, so you probably have the right notion - go to the Manage / Manage Comics tab and either sort by series or by last updated date and just do a page / time (~25 page) - if you do that every odd hour or so you could get a few hundred done in a given day depending on how long you do it...
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

This week almost all the new releases were downloaded automatically, so reinstalling Mylar before I did the refresh on series may have fixed that problem. So yay to that ;)

However, I did make it through all of my series, and there are still about 75 series or so that didn't get refreshed. Not sure why that would be. But I did the refresh in manage comics completely twice now (as in sorting by Have and refreshing the 0/0 that were still visible), but still a few series just resisted updating. series from 2014 and 2015. So they are previously existing.

But as you said, it may be due to the 200 limit, maybe it just didn't resume all of them.

But there is this. Missing page on comicvine.
The Accelerators: Momentum (2015) - stuck on refresh constantly - hxxps://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-accelerators-momentum/4050-82125/

Not sure if that will pose a problem?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Looks like CV merged / removed that comicid for some reason. Either they merged it into the main series for some reason (it's showing in there, but not sure if it always was or not), and the issue with series page for 4050-82125 is now throwing a 404 error. Usually that means it's gone the way of the dodo bird. Only solution is to remove the series from Mylar, and then readd it (probably via the search method, as directly entering the comicid, if the id is wrongly linked now, wouldn't resolve properly).

CV has done this to numerous items over the last little while, seemingly for no reason other than they thought it was time to amalgamate things together and they seem to be doing it more frequently as well (the last one I heard about was putting a bunch of annuals into other annuals for no reason). There's no warning or even a response from the API indicating that the series 'no longer has the old comicid and this is the new comicid' kinda thing. So it throws the 404 and then it's up to the user to figure out why it's not working, and from just looking at Mylar you wouldn't know unless you looked at the CV website and did some sherlock-holmin'...

It is quite possible that the vast majority of the 75 series that won't refresh is due to this 404-type error. Or it could be your api maxing out (you can check if you go to the CV api website and signon - it will give your current api totals)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Apparently they merged it with some other books. Weird how they did that.

hxxps://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-accelerators/4050-61831/

Thanks for filling me in on that. :)