TPB Filter

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
kingfenix

TPB Filter

Post by kingfenix »

Is there any way (gui, advanced or otherwise) to filter and/or remove TPB?

For example I do not want any TPB so it would be nice if when I search a title to add, it could not include anything but regular comics (series, limited series and one shots)

Also it would be nice if there was some option to remove any non regular comics from my library as I may have added them in ignorance of knowing what they were and dont want them.

Thanks,
Doug
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: TPB Filter

Post by evilhero »

Well the filtering part of the search might be possible, but it depends on cv and their data. If it's not indicated in the description for the series on cv, then mylar would have no way of knowing if it's a tpb or not. But since mylar can't really use tpb volumes, it's definitely something in can look into more, as mylar currently tries to distinguish digital from print versions in the search results.

The non-removal wouldn't be possible as mylar had no way of knowing what someone wants v's want someone else doesn't want based solely on the series itself.Now there might be a way to have a separate page that details series (and/or issues themselves) that fall into a tpb/gn/comp category or have general problems (ie. Issue #) which might cause problems so that a user can view at a glance what is/isn't working due to the format of the series.

Both items are something to put towards an enhancement request, or at least I can look into how feasible it is to include.
kingfenix

Post by kingfenix »

Another request evil, Ive noticed that many story arcs have TPB in them sometimes rather than the actual issues, is there a way to drill down when adding story arcs and have them be comprised of actual issues only?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

By default Mylar will only look at the non-tpb issues - however it has no control over what CV has for a given story arc (where it actually pulls the arc reading order information from). If you can give me an example of an arc that is showing some tpb's or the like, I can look more into it and see what can be done - as ideally, yes you would individual series so that they can be properly located on your watchlist should they exist and then accounted for within the arc as well.
kingfenix

Post by kingfenix »

I am finding that tons of Marvel story arcs have this problem...

but one example is the story arc "Uncanny X-Men vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.", it only lists 3 "issues" and the 3rd one is a TPB which collects multiple issues.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well you can 'remove' an arc from the arc by clicking on the 'Remove It' link beside the given issue. However the only caveat is that once the arc is Refreshed the removed items will reappear. I just realized what this was (it was a PR done by someone else) - so I can look into making sure that once an item is removed from the arc it will stay removed.

Then once I can do that - I can work on an 'add to arc' feature where you can add an issue to an existing arc (kinda like the annuals work where you can manually add annuals to a given series).
kingfenix

Post by kingfenix »

that would at least allow us to fix the story arcs on mylar, that would be GREAT!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Just a quick update:

- you can now add / remove story arcs from within a specific story arc. Removal was always there, but now they will stay removed even during a refresh (prior, they would always come back so it was a temporary fix at best). Adding issues to the arc is farily easy - at the bottom of each story arc detail page there is 2 new text boxes, IssueID and Reading Order. Simply provide an issue id (taken from CV if possible, in the format of 4040-XXXXX) and a reading order # where you'd like to place it and it will add the issue, pull the data from CV and then resequence everything around the new reading order. I did as much testing as I could on this, and it looks like everything seems to flow nicely afterwards.

And if the reading order gets screwed up somehow? Easy to fix now - simply click on the reading order column for the given issue and type in the new reading order number! Click off text box once you've entered the new number, and then refresh the page (not the arc, just the page - I need to add this part in still), and it'll load up the new reading order :)

There's more coming down the pipe for arcs, this is just an initial step. Ideally I'd like to be able to provide a means to just add an existing issue from your watchlist without having to know the issue id (cause I mean it's a pain,really) - so either searching by series and issue, or something like that will be coming.Being able to view the details of an issue within an arc (ie. popup showing the image, and details therein) is also on the roadmap. Queuing up against the normal wanted list so that it will be searched for on a rotational basis as per the normal wanted issues needs to get done as well.

Lots to do - stay tuned for more :)
burnshroom

Post by burnshroom »

Hopefully the right place for this...

I have added the title "Sunstone" from TopCow and am using 32p as my provider. However 32p lists each "issue" as volume/TPB, so when Mylar searches it produces this message: Could not find Issue 1 of Sunstone (2014) using 32P [api].

Is there another way around this I am missing. I read a post from 2013 saying TPB's and GN's are not supported. Is this still the case?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep they're not supported - I mean you can add them, but the search results will be mixed and the overall result is really hit/miss. With 32p, the api doesn't allow for tpb/gn, as well since mylar doesn't fully support it they would never get a match.

If you add the individual series, and marl all the issues as wanted mylar should be able to snatch them just fine from 32p however.

Adding gn/tpb support would require a complete overhaul of the backend of mylar due to its reliance on there being an issue number present.