TPB Filter

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
burnshroom

Re: TPB Filter

Post by burnshroom »

The series is not released as individual issues then gathered in TPB, the volumes although listed as TPB's are technically the issues.

I don't there's a way to point an individual issue to a specific url on 32p and have it force scrape the url to the directed issue?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

burnshroom wrote:The series is not released as individual issues then gathered in TPB, the volumes although listed as TPB's are technically the issues.

I don't there's a way to point an individual issue to a specific url on 32p and have it force scrape the url to the directed issue?
No, there isn't - the method that Mylar uses to search 32p is kinda-like an API of sorts, and tpb's cannot be referenced using it so it comes back as having no results. And scraping the site, while it would work, is something I don't want to do as it would probably get the app in trouble with the staff therein and it would be blacklisted as they monitor for that type of stuff. Plus scraping in general is messy and not 100% reliable with alot of things - so it's not something I would want to rely heavily upon.

In this case, even if Mylar supported TPB's fully - 32p would be the stumbling block in this particular instance due to the limitation of the api (it has the same problem with annuals where it just disregards them in searches in most cases). Have your tried using newsgroups or public torrents in order to snatch the tpb's ? As long as they're named as how Mylar/CV has the series it should be able to recognize it...
burnshroom

Post by burnshroom »

I ended up just manually downloading them from the site, and renaming them as #1-#5 instead of as volume 1-5 and had mylar manually post process them.

Since it was a one off on this title, hopefully won't come across again...

I do have a feature request but will post elsewhere.