wrong comicid for new "This Week"

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Re: wrong comicid for new "This Week"

Post by leaderdog »

evilhero wrote:Mayhem & Magic isn't on the pull (not sure where that is, but it's not on this week's pull atm)
That's so strange. I did a recreate- pull list before the update, and then did it again after the update. It was there both times for me. Phantom issues ;)

I just checked again to make sure and it's on my list. Very strange.

haha
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Well now, this be a good week indeed. Nothing needs to be fix as far as I can tell.

Awesome! :)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Seems everything downloaded that was available.

Couple issues with the auto-want though. I added them manually and had to remove them from auto-want.

Grimm Fairy Tales Presents 2016 Photo Shoot - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/grimm-fairy-tales-2016-photoshoot-edition/4050-95084/)
Dominion Last Sacrifice - CV calls it 'The Last Sacrifice' - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-last-sacrifice/4050-94124/)
Dirk Gently: The Salmon of Doubt - CV calls it 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: The Salmon of Doubt' - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/dirk-gentlys-holistic-detective-agency-the-salmon-/4050-94866/)

Looking good!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yes the problem with the auto-want option happens when CV has a discrepancy from what was initially added to the auto-want list. I'm guessing that those series in the auto-want list were initially added under one name, but when it actually got added into mylar it added it under a different name due to how CV has it named. In order for it to be removed from the auto-want it has to match by name tm - altho it should be retaining what the name was previously, I don't think it actually tries to match against it for adding & then removal. Something for me to look into...
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Everything seems to be working smoothly. Only a couple I had to manually download I'm guessing naming issues:
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Myopia 001 (2016) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Battlestar Galactica - Gods and Monsters 001 (2016) (3 covers) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Prophet - Earth War 006 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Faith (ongoing) 005 (2016) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"

Then I ran into another issue, but I'm not sure if it's just a 5 issue series or not. It has the same problem as squirrel girl did. Same title in same year.
Deadpool & The Mercs For Money

V1
hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/deadpool-the-mercs-for-money/4050-87793/

V2
hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/deadpool-the-mercs-for-money/4050-92360/

Mylar just assumed it was the same thing. It did apparently download issue 3 of V2 some place along the line but it ignored the rest. Posters didn't put V2 in the title.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

leaderdog wrote:Everything seems to be working smoothly. Only a couple I had to manually download I'm guessing naming issues:
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Myopia 001 (2016) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Battlestar Galactica - Gods and Monsters 001 (2016) (3 covers) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Prophet - Earth War 006 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr"
0-Day 2016.11.2 - " Faith (ongoing) 005 (2016) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr"

Then I ran into another issue, but I'm not sure if it's just a 5 issue series or not. It has the same problem as squirrel girl did. Same title in same year.
Deadpool & The Mercs For Money

V1
hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/deadpool-the-mercs-for-money/4050-87793/

V2
hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/deadpool-the-mercs-for-money/4050-92360/

Mylar just assumed it was the same thing. It did apparently download issue 3 of V2 some place along the line but it ignored the rest. Posters didn't put V2 in the title.
The with the 4 you had to manually download, was like you had said they don't look similar to the actual series titles as indicated within Mylar/CV:
Myopia is called Myopia Special
Battlestar Galactica - Gods and Monsters is called Battlestar Galactica: Gods & Monsters
Prophet - Earth War is called Prophet EarthWar
Faith (ongoing) is called Faith

so in order for those to get picked up, because they were titled something different for search purposes, you'd have to make use of the Alternate Search Name fields for the respective series (although with BG it should have picked that up so I'll have to look into that more).

The Deadpool & Mercs I've had problems linking up in the past - so I"ll have to look into it again, the dynamic calculation that the interm site does is missing the catch on that one, so I need to look into the code again to figure out where it's getting tripped up. I"m assuming the whole V2 in a different place is due to not having a volume label in the Folder Format within Mylar to denote the different series so it probably either hammered or wrote it into the V1 series directory instead of the V2? I still need to build in the safeguard again for something like that, but I'm unsure how to go about doing it atm.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

I wonder, if once a series is ended, anything with a similar name just automatically got switched to v2?

I don't know if CV has a definitive info for a series being ended. I guess it would have to bare in mind the comic company and other data to ensure than if a different company (valiant rather than Marvel) didn't have a series out with the same name. Seems pretty low on the probability list tho.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Only problem is that it's not always a v2 that's the next volume (the rebirth stuff in DC just recently is a good indicator of that).

Mylar tracks by issue # atm, so if the last issue was #9, and the newest issue is #1, it knows they're different volumes and tracks the newest issue for the pullist. Of course if the newest issue is a tpb, then it follows the wrong series and has to get manually fixed (you came across a couple of these before).

CV doesn't track continuity of a series at all - the whole 'continuing / ended' status is all done by Mylar where it calculates the date of the last issue published, and if it falls outside of a certain threshold from the current date it assumes it's no longer published. For the big publishers it's 55 days, for the indie publishers it's 75 days. It's far from perfect, but it actually has worked fairly well aside from a few indie series that publish months apart (ie. Saga), or are rebooted within a month of the same calendar year (ie. Wolverine).

I think I'm going to try and get the interm site to start tracking volumes, but I need to rework the sql to do it properly which would take the most time (it's like 10-15 sql lines long atm).
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

found and issue with wrong comic vol.

Blade Bunny V2 - should go here - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/blade-bunny/4050-94608/)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Sorry for the delay, should be all good now ;)