wrong comicid for new "This Week"

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Re: wrong comicid for new "This Week"

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

These are trades not the actual comic:

Saga - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/volume/4050-52845/ - Should be - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/saga/4050-46568/

No Mercy - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/volume/4050-84597/ - Should be - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/no-mercy/4050-81097/

Doom Patrol - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/volume/4050-88200/ - Should be - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/doom-patrol/4050-94114/

Vampblade - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/volume/4050-90564/ - Should be - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/vampblade/4050-87687/

These one's aren't linking to the existing one in Mylar:

8House: Arclight - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/8house/4050-82957/

Aliens vs. Predator: Life and Death - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/alien-vs-predator-life-and-death/4050-97404/ in mylar as (alien vs predator - Life and Death)

Star Trek/Green Lantern: Stranger Worlds - hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-trekgreen-lantern/4050-97074/

Think that's it for this week. ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

All should be good now - the first few you listed were due to me trying to fix the backend to accomodate the new .MU issues that came out this week but weren't showing up. The last 3 were misnamed titles between CV and the pull-list which is easily fixed.

All good :) And thanks for the heads-up as always!
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

Hmm how can we add to this troubleshooting if it will help you? Leaderdog looks a little bit better a matching things up, which I would like to help with too.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Jedimole,

If you want to help that's great! All I've been doing is going to "This Week" Then I look too see if there are any duplicates, or if there is an issue that wants to add a new series when it isn't displaying issue one(example Saga was on issue 42). When I know (or check to see if) I already have it then I copy the comicvine id with hyperlink, and include the correct comicvine id with hyperlink.

So as the case for the last entries I made, Mylar was sending me to the trade paperback instead of the ongoing series that I was already collecting.

I hope that made sense. It's much easier doing than explaining. :)

oh and this is for alt_pull= 2
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yes, pretty much what leaderdog has mentioned - and he should know as he's been a primary reason in why alot of the 'problem' series are now working correctly in Mylar ;)

So with the alt_pull 2 method, there are usually a few ways to tell that an item doesn't have a ComicID already present, and the ComicID is what Mylar uses to reference against your watchlist to mark issues as Wanted:

- If the issue on the watchlist doesn't have an 'add' link present as an option, but 'search' instead.
- If the series title is a hyperlink option to CV. If it's a hyperlink to a watchlisted series you have, but it's not in a Wanted status, then odds are it's incorrectly referencing the wrong series (ie. tpb's and/or series reboots usually).
- If the series title on the pulllist is different than what Mylar is expecting. Usually the end result of this is either of the first two options above.

So why is it not marking them as Wanted or with an Add option?
- if a series on CV has a different series title than what is on the pull-list. This will always cause a mismatch. The way the new pull method works is that if it already has matched up to CV properly and assigned it a ComicID, then the series title will be identical to what CV has (it keeps track of the alias' so you don't have to).
- If the series is a #1 issue, alot of times Mylar can't match it up exactly until the day the information becomes available on CV - so it can't search for the issues.

Something to keep in mind - the backend updates against CV every 2 hours (I'll probably change it to every hour soon just because). So when it updates, it updates the pull-list to display the ComicID/IssueID's as they become available. Now Mylar will only poll against the site every 4 hours - so there are times when the data is available on CV but not on Mylar, so you'd have to wait for the backend to update and then Mylar to update from that. If you ever think you're out of whack somehow, or just want to make sure you're up-to-date, do a Recreate Pullist and it will re-poll against the site and pull down all the newest info if it's available.

Hope that helps.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

New series matching up to old:

Vampirella 000 - should be (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/vampirella/4050-98538/) currently redirecting to ended series - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/vampirella/4050-88585/) (I added it manually and it picked up the issue right away).
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

As always sir, nice to the catch ;)

All good now on the backend so you should be good to go!
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Just noticed this guy.

It has an option to search, but it's in my pull list all ready.

Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Giants - Cv calls it - The Storyteller: Giants - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-storyteller-giants/4050-96313/)

Rest seems good, will check closer to Wednesday for anything alterations to list.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Should be all fixed by now (think it was fixed last week, but forgot to update this thread) :)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Some of the skipped/watch/search/one-off issues are on CV.

Rough Riders: Riders On the Storm - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/rough-riders-riders-on-the-storm/4050-99052/) - has a publication date on CV, but doesn't show up in mylar?

Quantum Teens Are Go - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/quantum-teens-are-go/4050-99050/)

The Power of the Dark Crystal - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-power-of-the-dark-crystal/4050-99047/)

Heathen - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/heathen/4050-99038/) - has publication date on CV, but doesn't show up in mylar?

Van Helsing vs. The Mummy - listed as in Mylar and cv - Van Helsing vs. The Mummy of Amun-Ra - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/van-helsing-vs-the-mummy-of-amunra/4050-98768/)

Bedtime Stories For Impressionable Children - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/bedtime-stories-for-impressionable-children/4050-99021/) - has a publication date on CV, but doesn't show up in mylar?

Mike Wolfer's Crypt of Scream - CV listed as - Crypt of Screams - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/crypt-of-screams/4050-99026/) - has a publication date on CV, but doesn't show up in mylar?

Street Fighter VS Darkstalkers - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/street-fighter-vs-darkstalkers/4050-99056/) - has a publication date on CV, but doesn't show up in mylar?

The Black Hood: Season 2 - CV listed as - The Black Hood - (hxxp://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-black-hood/4050-94996/)