Another Post Processing Issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
stodge

Another Post Processing Issue

Post by stodge »

Hi,

A new user with another post processing query i'm afraid.

I have managed to get the files to download from the experimental search and everything looks good. It downloads to the correct folder specified in SABnzdb but the post processing fails as follows:

Aborting PostProcessing - the filename doesn't exist in the location given. Make sure that /Users/stodge_mini/Documents/Usenet Downloads/Download in Progress/Chew 022 (2011) (digital-Empire).cbr exists and is the correct location.

When the file is downloaded it actually downloads to a folder which adds a .1 to the end of the file name with the .cbr inside it. Consequently, the post processing cannot locate the file as it now ends .cbr.1

Any ideas? I'm hoping that everything would work after that as i has setup a folder on the NAS with the cover jpg inside so everything else looks good.

Cheers
Starf0x

Re: Another Post Processing Issue

Post by Starf0x »

Logfiles?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

stodge wrote: When the file is downloaded it actually downloads to a folder which adds a .1 to the end of the file name with the .cbr inside it. Consequently, the post processing cannot locate the file as it now ends .cbr.1
That there is the key to the entire process/problem. It's creating a .1, as you have incomplete downloads of the same name in your download folder that were never cleared away (for whatever reason). The easiest (and simplest) way to fix this is to browse to the History tab, and on that screen you'll see a button at the top labelled 'Wipe NZBlog':

What this will do is it will wipe all the data of nzbs and they're associated names from your system - it's a necessity as when Mylar does post-processing it references this nzblog in order to determine the proper series & issue that the downloaded file belongs to, and it searches by filename but only takes the first occurrence. So if you have multiple .1 files (meaning it's failed on the same download more than once, so it would be .1, .2, .3, etc), your nzb log file would have multiple entries and Mylar would take the wrong one.

You'll also have to delete all the occurrences of the downloads from your download directory. That way when Mylar downloads the file again, it would link properly to the downloaded file as SAB wouldn't create any additional characters because of file duplication (ie. .1, .2, .3, etc).

If you don't want to redownload them again, but simply want to post-process - use the manual post-processing option ;)
stodge

Post by stodge »

Awesome, That seems to have fixed the issue and was obviously a result of my earlier attempts to get things working.

Cheers