Mass Import error

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Zethoun

Mass Import error

Post by Zethoun »

Hello,

I'm new to Mylar (great work, btw ^^) and I'm just getting an error while scanning my library.
- Configuration:
Mylar Version: master
-- git build 8082a61f17100f022a3daa754c9f7a764ecf7a38.
Python Version : 2.7.11

- detail: I'm running the Scan Comic Library function and I get an error in the log at the beginning of the mass import
- log:

Code: Select all

2016-05-06 09:11:23	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 158, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/librarysync.py", line 703, in scanLibrary
myDB.upsert("importresults", newValue, controlValue)
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/db.py", line 170, in upsert
self.action(query, valueDict.values() + keyDict.values())
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/db.py", line 129, in action
sqlResult = self.connection.execute(query, args)
ProgrammingError: You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.
2016-05-06 09:11:05	INFO	Starting mass importing...20701 records.
2016-05-06 09:09:25	INFO	Successfully loaded 25 series from your watchlist.
2016-05-06 09:09:25	INFO	loading in the watchlist to see if a series is being watched already...
2016-05-06 09:09:25	INFO	I've found a total of 20701 comics....analyzing now
2016-05-06 09:09:25	INFO	I've found a total of 20695 comics....analyzing now
Thx for your help :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mass Import error

Post by evilhero »

Has to do with Unicode - unfortunately the only fixes that occur hit the development branch first where they try to get ironed out before going into the Master branch. The current development branch has a massive improvement for the importer - it still has some problems obviously as when you're trying to parse every type of filename pattern there might be, there's going to be some that just don't scan in - but it's a vast improvement over the one that it's in the Master build.

Since you're running on a Synology, I'm going to guess that you're using the synopkg which would mean that you're probably locked into the Master branch and can't change to the development. If this is the case, then you'll have to wait for the development-to-master merge. If you're not using the synopkg and you installed via git, then it's a relatively simple process of just going to a command line and within the root of the mylar directory, type in 'git checkout development' and that's it.
Zethoun

Re: Mass Import error

Post by Zethoun »

Thanks for your quick answer :)

I think I saw how switch to the development branch by editing some file, I'll check it out and maybe give it a try.

thanks again ;)