How many folders deep does folder monitoring go?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
nobrumski

How many folders deep does folder monitoring go?

Post by nobrumski »

I set Mylar to monitor a folder that was previously organized. I figure this way it would slowly grab comics from the folder as I add them to Mylar. It only seems to grab them if I point it directly to the folder and run it manually. As a result it makes me think that it only looks at the top folder. Since my folder structure is publisher and then comic book, it never makes it down to the comic. If I point it directly at the comic folder it finds them.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: How many folders deep does folder monitoring go?

Post by evilhero »

Mylar should be able to scan into nested folders with the folder monitor as it uses the same method when doing file checking. I haven't checked at more than one level deep tbh, but as long as mylar has the right permissions to the directory tree and the files aren't symlinked (I don't think that would affect it, as you say it can pick them up when you scan it directly), it should work.

I'll have to test it out and see what I can find out.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: How many folders deep does folder monitoring go?

Post by evilhero »

This is actually a recent bug that appeared in the last big development commit (a few days ago). Mylar wasn't tracking the actual subdirectory - it would scan the files properly,and it knew which files were in which subdirectory, but it wasnt' relaying that information back to the post-processor so when it was trying to locate the files, it would not add in the subdirectory path (if it existed), which resulted in alot of files not being found.

Still working on this, but expect the fix in the development branch in the next hr or two.