upload to seedbox path problem?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
oldcripple

upload to seedbox path problem?

Post by oldcripple »

So I set up my seedbox and Mylar found a match on KAT, it connected fine but the upload never happened.

Version: efe447f5170dfcea873b5da735c2fd66d2fe9936 (development), Windows 10 x64

Applicable log area:

Code: Select all

25-Nov-2015 12:00:04 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : Torrent Provider:KAT
25-Nov-2015 12:00:04 - INFO    :: SEARCH : matched on Fight Club 2
25-Nov-2015 12:00:04 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : filename for torrent set to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mylar\cache/Fight_Club_2_7_2015.torrent
25-Nov-2015 12:00:04 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : Grabbing torrent from url:https://torcache.net/torrent/torrent stuff
25-Nov-2015 12:00:05 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : [KAT] Saved torrent file to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mylar\cache/Fight_Club_2_7_2015.torrent
25-Nov-2015 12:00:06 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : Sending file: Fight_Club_2_7_2015.torrent
25-Nov-2015 12:00:06 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : destination: REDACTED.com
25-Nov-2015 12:00:06 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : Using SSH port : 22
25-Nov-2015 12:00:07 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : remote path set to /media/sds/REDACTED/private/rtorrent/watch\Fight_Club_2_7_2015.torrent
25-Nov-2015 12:00:07 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : local path set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mylar\cache/Fight_Club_2_7_2015.torrent
25-Nov-2015 12:00:08 - DEBUG   :: SEARCH : Upload complete to seedbox.
I'm not sure but the flip flopped slashes in the local and remote paths look incorrect. Is this something that windows will ignore but a linux based seedbox will bitch about?

The file is in my cache folder and it worked when manually uploaded it to my seedbox, should I tried a command line upload with a flipped slash and see if it works?

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: upload to seedbox path problem?

Post by evilhero »

I don't think the slashes matter - I've seen them on both sides and the OS has been smart enough to figure out the slash direction properly (aside from it being ugly to look at of course).

I don't see any errors related to paramiko which is good, does the destination directory exist on the seedbox? Mylar won't create directories with paramiko - they have to exist already with the proper permissions.

Did the torrent file make it to your watch directory, but rtorrent isn't loading it? There has been some problems in the past with torcache and KAT and sending non-torrent files that contained just xml errors.

One other item of note is that your seedbox has to support sftp transfers (most do, but I know of a couple that don't for some reason).
oldcripple

Post by oldcripple »

The torrent never made it to the watch dir, the directory is there. I manually copied the .torrent to the watch dir and rtorrent picked it up and downloaded it fine. Double checked my ftp client and my seedbox does use SFTP with SSH2.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok I stand corrected. .I just tried a simple 'cd' command on an Ubuntu box and it came back with invalid path.

I never came across this issue before probably because I run mylar on Ubuntu and my seedbox is Debian.

The problem is that the call to join the directory + filename use the os.path.join command which uses the OS that the mylar is running on to determine the type of slash to join the items together to create a full path.

Imma try and do some stuff tonight and hopefully can get a patch out for this one at the same time. Sorry for dropping the ball on that one, definite bug that needs to be addressed.
oldcripple

Post by oldcripple »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a bit. I just happened to ssh into my seedbox and saw a ton of funny looking files of the format "watch\'filename.torrent'" with the actual torrents file name filled in, obviously, sitting in the parent of my watch directory (so its in ~/private/rtorrent when it should be in ~/private/rtorrent/watch).

It looks like mylar is appending the string "watch\" to the torrents' file name then uploading it to my seedbox, it seems like its clipping the last bit of the path I put in the config and just chucking it on the torrents name and upping it.

EDIT:Disregard everything, added a slash on the end and all is right with the world. Thanks a ton for all of your help with the issue, seriously, you're fucking awesome.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

No need for thanks, you did all the hard work yourself ;)

I was just typing in a response asking that you might need to verify that your watch folder within mylar has the trailing slash - otherwise it would get denoted as a filename...and then I see the edited message. lol.

Glad you got it working though regardless!