Folder Format not working properly

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
blindguy

Folder Format not working properly

Post by blindguy »

I had to reinstall and I lost all my old config so started over and everything working except for the folder creation/renaming. I would like it to be $Series (V$VolumeY) - Hail Hydra (V2015) - but when it is set like that all I get is $Series ($VolumeY) - Hail Hydra (2015). I have file set to $Series $Issue ($VolumeY) and it creates the file name properly Hail Hydra 001 (V2015) .

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure I am just doing something wrong but I have spent the last hour trying all kinds of $Series (V$VolumeY), $Series (V$VolumeYV), $Series (V{$VolumeY}) and all kinds of stuff but I cant fingure it out!!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Folder Format not working properly

Post by evilhero »

This is working for me on the latest development build - using '$Series ($VolumeY)' or '$Series-($VolumeY)' both work and create the directory in the proper format when adding new series. Note you don't have to add in the V prior to the $VolumeY in order to make it appear as 'V2015' or whatever, Mylar will put the 'V' in front of the year when as part of the entire $VolumeY field when it creates it ;)

Note that when I set it to (V$VolumeY) it created the folder as 'Some Comic (VV2015)'

Which branch/commit are you currently running? And make sure that the folder format is exactly as how you want the folders to appear on generation (sorry, I know that's a lame answer, but verifying it's correct might help).
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

git build efe447f5170dfcea873b5da735c2fd66d2fe9936

I can get it to name the file Angela Queen of Hel 002 (V2015) but the folder is Angela Queen of Hel (2015) - I have it set to $Series ($VolumeY) - I am loseing my mind!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Have you shutdown / restarted mylar recently?

Anytime you do a configuration change its best to restart mylar after saving the configuration.

One ether place to check is to open up your config.ini and see what's there for folder_format
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

I have restarted MyLar a few times as well as rebooted the VM.

In the config.ini:

folder_format = $Series ($VolumeY)
file_format = $Series $Issue ($VolumeY)

I wouldn't care so much but I have over 300 GB of comics and they are have the V so I would like for it to be same everywhere.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm curious - how are you getting the folders to rename themselves within mylar?

Are you readding each series, or are you doing a Refresh Series option ? When I was testing in my post above I was doing a simple add, so perhaps the way you're doing it is different and/or possibly broken?
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

I go to Manage and then click on save changes and scan and then to import results management and import the file by clicking on import under options.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Oh, import - that probably hasn't been updated to accommodate the VersionY option as it was added afterwards. I'll have to update the import format values so that it takes it (the reason the files get renamed properly and not the folders is because the files run through the post-processing rename after the import)

Do you have these series on your watchlist already? Or are they in the right paths, but you just want to update mylar so it's pointing to the new desired folder format?
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

The VM I was running MYlar on died so this is a brand new setup so only 3 series are in my watchlist.

Angela, Queen of Hel (2015) is in my watchlist and when I click on edit settings I get the folowing for directory locatin:
/media/archive01/comics/mylar/Angela Queen of Hel (2015)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I believe if you do a Refresh Series when you have the folder format set accordingly, it should convert/create the folder structure into your new format - albeit it will not delete the old directory (if it exists).