the Mylar 0-day issue (NZB Geek)

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
stustaff

the Mylar 0-day issue (NZB Geek)

Post by stustaff »

So Mylar cant find Thors 3, but a search diirectly on my indexer NZBGeek does find it.

i believe its because its named - 0-Day 2015.9.2 "Thors 003 (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)

now it appears that this is a new naming convention as 0-day at the start of a title gets 5,293 releases in that format!

the hopefully helpful thing is that its consistent the comic name always comes after the " so is there anyway to get mylar working again as im assuming this naming convention is here to stay and its use seems to be increasing.

heres a couple of typical examples, can mylar just add the '0-day Year.M.DD " to its searches? the date is the comic release date which i believ Mylar has?

0-Day 2015.9.23 "Batman - Endgame - Special Edition 001 (2015) (Digital-Empire)
0-Day 2015.9.23 "Vertigo 2015 Preview (2015) (digital-Empire)

Thanks great software but sadly a bit broken(by someone else!) at the moment.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: the Mylar 0-day issue (NZB Geek)

Post by evilhero »

I'll try and adjust some of the code that's used currently for the Experimental Search to be used with the newznabs. Since the Experimental search parses out the stuff from the RAW header of the file, it should work pretty well for this type of scenario. As an added benefit, It will also help those that have nzb providers that are nzedb-based as there have been some problems with the same type of occurrence.

This kind of problem is really a problem with the indexer itself, not using the regex's properly - a generic, basic newznab install removes all of this type of crap, and one would never find movies/tv shows being posted to indexers with the same crap, as then there would be a general riot. It's really a question of how said indexers value their customers that have paid to use for their service - alot don't care once they have the cash, or the base that's complaining about said problems (people that read comics) isn't a great number so they can say "it's too hard to do", or even "no" and that's that.

FYI - I compared those releases to a few other sites. Every other site (dog, oz, pfm, crawler - 4 in total) I compared it against removed the 'crap' and just posted the filename(s) themselves as the header (2 of said indexers are free to use as well, but with a limited api obviously). So obviously it's very doable to take the time to parse items properly if other indexers can do it ;)

I'll see if I can get this commit out by tomorrow (I'm behind in some stuff) so that you can get things going properly again.
stustaff

Post by stustaff »

thanks for the response, absolutely know this isnt your issue and i will add to the voices asking for then to sort t their end too :)
stustaff

Post by stustaff »

So i asked and they fixed already :)

0-Day 2015.9.2 "Thors 003 (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)

is now

Thors 003 (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)