Characters not accepted during name check

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
oarking

Characters not accepted during name check

Post by oarking »

In response to this thread I'd like to share a few situations in which files are missed, not "ignored", during name checks.

Title 011.cbr
Title%2011.cbr
Title 11_2.cbr
Title ~ 11.cbr
TwoWords 11.cbr

That's all I've encountered so far, hope it helps.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Characters not accepted during name check

Post by evilhero »

Title 011.cbr
Title%2011.cbr
Title 11_2.cbr
Title ~ 11.cbr
TwoWords 11.cbr
That's a good starting point, but I need to clarify some things before I can look further into it. When you say it's missed, I'm assuming you're meaning that it doesn't get to a compare point to match up to any existing series in your watchlist so it skips it (as opposed to ignoring the result once it can ascertain the series title, etc).

Is this on the development or master build of Mylar ?

During what process are these files missed ? Are you running a manual post-processing on a given folder and they're not being picked up ? Do these files reside within a given series directory and doing a Recheck Files causes them to be missed ? Is it during a normal post-processing (ie. downloaded and then post-processing ran automatically) ? Is it when using the Import a Series function?

Keep in mind that if when running a manual post-processing, if the filename doesn't contain a year AND it's not a V1 (meaning there are other series with the exact same series name) then Mylar will not match up because it has no way of knowing which volume the file(s) belong to.

For example, having 'Title 011.cbr' in a series directory would be fine for matching - but having the same thing during a manual post-process would be dependent on the volume of the series itself.

'Title%2011.cbr' there is a fix for this that has yet to be implemented - TBH I'm still not sure how having a filename with URL encodes is even allowed on some torrent sites ;)

'Title 11_2.cbr' - is the '_2' a decimal place (for 11.2) or is it denoting something else ? 99% of the time an underscore is used to represent a space, not a decimal place so having Mylar be able to figure it out would be pretty tough.

I'll run through some of the naming conventions though and see what can be done to make sure some of these work...