Annuals folder/file format

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
JaBaine

Annuals folder/file format

Post by JaBaine »

When Annual Handling is enabled what is the folder/file format expected for mylar to be able to identify and label Annual as downloaded?

my current folder and file format is as such for regular series
Folder Format $Publisher/$Series/V$Year,File Format $Series V$Year #$Issue

and for the Annuals currently
Folder Format $Publisher/$Series, File Format $Series V$Year Annual #$Issue

this works in finding all regular series but not any annuals placed within these folders

I have played around with the folder/file formats to try and find something that would work but without any success, but I may be over thinking it and am looking for a little more detail.

Specifically, What folder should I put the annuals in? and, What should I name it?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Annuals folder/file format

Post by evilhero »

JaBaine wrote:File Format $Series V$Year Annual #$Issue
I would think that this might be the problem - the way ComicVine has their annuals configured it's always in a 'Series Annual Volume Issue' type of format, so your File Format string might have to be something like :
$Series $Annual V$Year #$Issue
(I'm not sure if you had forgotten the '$' prior to the word Annual or not, but in order for Mylar to use the annual tag (or not use it) - the $ has to be present)

As far as folders, it doesn't really matter - you can have annuals in the same directory as all of your other issues as long as they're indicated as being annuals, or you could have a folder called 'annuals' (or whatever), and mylar will drop down into said folder and scan them accordingly for the given series.

Keep in mind that in order for Mylar to actually scan in annuals for a given series, that it has to know there are annuals for it. If you have enabled annuals in the configuration, Mylar will do it's best to try and figure out if there are any annuals for a given series - but it's not perfect as there is no consistent naming convention on ComicVine or proper linking to the actual series title.

If you happen to know the annual ComicID, you can add it directly to the given series but only when you have the annuals option enabled. In the lower right corner of the series detail page, you'll see the word 'ComicID' followed by a text box and a green arrow button. Enter in the ComicID of the annual and hit the green arrow button and Mylar will track that annual series as if it were part of the series itself (ComicVine is really screwy in the sense that they keep the annuals as their own series, and the series seperate).

The format of the ComicID is always in a '4050-xxxxx' format - if it's anything other than 4050, then it's not something that can be added (ie. you can't add IssueID's).

Hope that helps!!
JaBaine

Re: Annuals folder/file format

Post by JaBaine »

your suggestions helped

changing to

File Format $Series $Annual V$Year #$Issue

and changing the search folder to
$Series

cleared up all my issues

cheers :)