Changes to KAT/Torcache

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Arathen

Changes to KAT/Torcache

Post by Arathen »

Heya. Sorry to be back here with another bug. I should balance the negative by pointing out that Mylar is a great tool, and id be lost without it. Thank you for the hard work that goes into it :)

That said, it looks like KAT and/or Torcache have made some changes this week, which has had the knock on effect of breaking Mylar. From checking it manually, it looks like the .torrent download link on KAT now goes to a Torcache page which has a pause/sleep embedded in it. The page says:

Code: Select all

Downloading...
Torcache is a free service for caching torrent files online.

Your torrent file download will start in a few seconds...
You can use magnet link to download.
Sure enough, after a few seconds the .torrent will download. Unfortunately, when this is automated by Mylar the HTML for the download web page is snatched, rather than the actual .torrent file.

Its a change which has only taken effect in the last week. Prior to that it was working fine.

Thanks again for an invaluable tool, and cheers :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Changes to KAT/Torcache

Post by evilhero »

Yeah they changed the code to reject stuff now - although I haven't looked into it, it might be as simple as just putting a referrer back in place when submitting the download url.

Will look into this later tonight hopefully (it's affecting other apps as well that are automated downloaders).
wyth

Post by wyth »

I can confirm that this is creating torrent files that are invalid, which after some debugging is why none of my downloads are working either. Hopefully that fix comes along soon!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

So far not so good, haven't been able to figure out a way to get it to bypass the timer on torcache again (but haven't really spent a lot of time on it), although according to the KAT forums, torcache is having problems and everyone is complaining about how things aren't downloading or they're getting spammed.

It's also not just affecting mylar as all the other automated Downloades are in the same boat so hopefully either torcache fixes things in their end so I works again, or someone figures out how to bypass it again.

It's probably best to just disable KAT usage atm since it's not working - bit if you do keep it running it will stil cache the rss feeds and would be able to back track to grab items as required more easily.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Fix for the KAT/Torcache issues are in the most recent commits of both the master and development branches.
Arathen

Post by Arathen »

Thanks heaps for the fix Evilhero :) I was about to start begging for a 32p invite ;)
wyth

Post by wyth »

yeah, I meant to reply on thursday, thanks again for the fix! It's been working great ever since. :)