Not Grabbing Torrents

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Domesticwarlord86

Not Grabbing Torrents

Post by Domesticwarlord86 »

I'm setting up Mylar for the first time and seem to be running into some kind of issue preventing it from downloading torrents. I have jackett set up on my server and ThePirateBay, 1337x, and myAnonamouse set up as Torznab feeds to mylar. As well as DDL checked. When it does a search for a comic it comes back

Code: Select all

Could not find Issue 8 of Avengers (2018) using 1337x [api]

Code: Select all

Could not find Issue 8 of Avengers (2018) using DDL [api]
and the same thing with all four of them. But I can pull up jackett and put in the exact same search phrase and get tons of results. Any idea whats going wrong here?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Not Grabbing Torrents

Post by evilhero »

Items have to be named properly for Mylar to be able to pick them up. If it's in a pack on those sites, Mylar won't pick it up - save for the DDL option. This is because every torrent site has a different naming convention for how they name packs, or hell even single issues - if it's anything other than just the filename (or name of series and issue number, year kinda deal) it won't get thru the parser without failing. People can't just post comics as they do tv shows (meaning properly named with no extra crap), so it's more about most torrent sites not caring to enforce stupid.

You're probably not seeing any results because you have just INFO level enabled, you'll need to set the logging to Debug (history / view logs / toggle Verbose logging on) and try the search again and you'll see much more verbose information about what Mylar is doing.

Aside from that, you'll need to generate a carepackage (after you enable debug logging and try a search again) in order for us to see exactly what's going on. You can generate a carepackage from the config screen in the upper right corner - it generates a zip file containing your mylar.db, and 'cleaned' logs and config (cleaned meaning all apikeys/usernames/etc) are removed.)
Domesticwarlord86

Post by Domesticwarlord86 »

Thank you for your very clear and detailed instructions! It was very easy to follow, unfortunately it didn't really give me any more information. But I did make you a carepackage and hopefully you can provide some more guidance on it.

I didn't see a place to attach the file directly to this forum, so here's a google drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mn2-UX ... sp=sharing
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I don't see anything abnormal in the logs - aside from the constant restarts because the port is in use (you should probably just stop the container & start it again as it can't bring it up after a restart as the error about the port in use happens).

I also don't see any results being returned from your providers, which would probably indicate that the naming convention on the torrent sites don't line up to what Mylar is searching for - it's hard to tell atm. If you wanted to pass a sceenshot of the results you're seeing in your jackett instance that might help abit, although I'm pretty sure it'll all fall into the same ideology of parsing.

I can tell you that MAM has really bad naming conventions for their comics (it's not a normal type of naming convention that Mylar can handle), so due to that it fails to return any relevant results. TPB is terrible for comics, don't use that - tonnes of bad naming conventions, invalid files along with it not keeping up to date makes it not a great selection for comics. I can't speak for 1337x, but I would probably assume it's the same type of thing - posting irrelevant crap in the name of the file, and it can't be parsed. Since comics don't have special ID's they can force thru to match on torrent sites (like TV has thetvdb, movies has imdb, etc), Mylar has to rely on name matching, which means that if things stray too far from a standard naming convention, it doesn't get returned.

I would suggest if you're looking at public trackers to try w/e one the user Nemesis posts to (you can google it probably). Aside from that, keep the DDL option enabled since that will get you most usually if your torrents can't pull anything down (since you're not using nzb providers from the looks of it).