Rescanning imported comics

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Cassock

Rescanning imported comics

Post by Cassock »

Good morning, all. I installed Mylar last night and after I set up the 32p/deluge/post-processing stuff, I tried to import an existing collection of comics. Mylar created subfolders in a different directory where I wanted (/comics/sorted) but did not hardlink/rename as expected.

This morning, I updated after I saw I was ~76 commits behind and lost all logging, so I can't dig into what happened unfortunately :(

I just added a couple comics that I knew I had (Walking Dead and Saga) and it looks like the hardlink/rename process is working great now. My question is: how can I rescan all of the comics that were imported and unsuccessfully moved? When I go to Manage > Recheck Files, I get a ton of these messages in the log, which I suspect are relevant: 2019-01-23 10:29:20 WARNING Sweet Tooth [2009] is either Paused or in an Ended status with 100% completion. Ignoring for match.
Cassock

Re: Rescanning imported comics

Post by Cassock »

Forgot to note 2 things about my environment:

Mylar Version: d0ce300f7230bf150378fb02626fc9e0d3f62e83 (master)
This is running in a Docker container on my Synology.
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

One approach would be to go to the manage page and click the "manage comics" button up top. From there you can select the ones that failed to transfer and delete the series en masse... then ultron them again.
Cassock

Post by Cassock »

barbequesauce wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm One approach would be to go to the manage page and click the "manage comics" button up top. From there you can select the ones that failed to transfer and delete the series en masse... then ultron them again.
So I tried this and nothing happened, so I turned on debug logging and have a ton of these:

Code: Select all

2019-01-23 14:05:02	DEBUG	[IMPORT] {'Volume': u'v04', 'ComicName': u'Y - The Last Man', 'DynamicName': u'ylastman', 'ComicID': None}:
What's weird is that even though the import doesn't work from the dropdown or Mass Import buttons, it appears I can import some series manually from the Ultron results page. I just did this with The Sandman and Invincible, for example. Other series shit the bed, like Transmetropolitan and Avengers vs Xmen:

Code: Select all

2019-01-23 16:40:35	INFO	[IMPORT] Import completed.
2019-01-23 16:40:35	INFO	[IMPORT] Could not find any matching results against CV. Check the logs and perhaps rename the attempted file(s)
2019-01-23 16:40:28	INFO	[IMPORT][Transmetropolitan] Now preparing to import. First I need to determine the highest issue, and possible year(s) of the series.
It looks like this hit or miss action lines up with the empty folders I had from the original import attempt.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I think some of your clipping of the logs is causing discrepancies in what we're seeing.

The Warning about sweet-tooth in your initial post is a post-processing message, not a ReCheck Files problem. It has absolutely zero to do with the Importing A Directory option.

When Mylar attempts to match series using the Import - it has to go by filename information if there isn't any metadata included in the cbz file that it recognizes. The Mass Import / Dropdown options do work, however if they encounter an error during the import process it will abandon the import completely. There are some series that even if the filename has the proper title, an issue number and an issue year - it might still not match up to what CV has which would then normally require Manual Intervention by the user within Mylar in order to select the correct series from a group.

Probably the easiest thing to do atm is to do the following:
- Wipe out the current imports that you have (from the Import Results Management page ---> Flush all Imports).
- Go to the Logs tab and enable the Toggle Debug Logging ON option
- Go back to the Scan Comic Library option and do the scan again.
- Go into the Import Results Management screen after the import and do a mass import and wait for the error.
- Shut down Mylar.
- Find the logs/mylar.log file (or mylar.log.1, etc if it spans more than one file), and pastebin the stuff in here so we can view the complete log to see what's actually occuring.

Also if you can indicate what your settings are on the Scan Comic Library page it would be helpful as well.
Cassock

Post by Cassock »

Thanks, gents. Sorry, I hoped truncated logs would make this easier to read/solve, not harder :(

Here are my Scan Comic Library settings (where X=checked, O=unchecked:
Path to directory: /comics/Seeding
Auto-add new series: X
Use existing Metadata: X
Move files: O

And my Ultron Import Results settings for good measure:
Auto-add new series: X
Move files: O
Rename Files: O
Use Existing Metadata: X

I saw a "Successfully started import" something something in the corner and then waited. Here are the logs I grabbed after shutting down:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hlzer ... WUfvXHzHcv
They're 30MB for some reason, so far too big for Pastebin.
Cassock

Post by Cassock »

Not sure if there's any continuity between what I set in Ultron vs Post-Processing, but in general, desired behavior would be something like this:
Grab torrent from 32p and send to Deluge
Deluge downloads and places in /comics/Seeding
Mylar hardlinks to a series folder in /comics/Sorted and renames the file appropriately

For the sake of this import, I'd just like it to hardlink/sort/rename. After the scan last night, I have about a dozen folders in /Sorted that are all empty. Looks like the mass import may have crashed around G
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There is no link between the Import settings and the Post-Processing, aside from the rename options. Import will either move/hardlink (depending on the option), and if the rename option is enabled will use the Folder Format/File Format string in the configuration to rename said files. You would want to ensure that you have the hardlink option set for your Post-Processing options, do NOT enable meta-tagging (as that would break the hard-link), and the Rename option set accordingly. In order for the hardlinks to work though, the linking cannot cross hard-drives, or paritions (you might be aware of this already, but just mentioning it just in case).

There is no hardlink option during the import process however. If you disable the move option, Mylar will set the items to an Archived status and then try to set the root directory for the series according to your Folder Format settings in your Comic Location path. If however, you disable the move option AND enable the Set import paths to series location paths, Mylar will force the series directory in Mylar to be the import directory location, not move any files, and there-in set the status to Downloaded instead of Archived. In this scenario however, renaming files wouldn't be an option since that would break the seeding aspect.

As far as the error, you're getting a traceback error due to your Gambit Annual series for some reason. I've attempted to duplicate on my end, and when I mock up those exact same filenames and try the import it works for myself just fine (no results, but no errors). In this case the annuals according to CV are actually called 'Gambit 2000' and 'Gambit 1999', not 'Gambit Annual 2000' or 'Gambit Annual 1999' - so using these as filenames will not return any results. I'll look into removing the string references so that it doesn't error due to logging (which is what the problem is, not so much that it encounters an error with the filename), however it will be in development and you're in master branch so it might be a week or more before it gets into the master branch.

Edit. Here's a new webserve.py file that you can use to get more logging. If you can rename your existing webserve.py and replace it with the one linked above (original location is located at root_of_mylar_install/mylar/webserve.py and also delete the webserve.pyc file), it will log some additional information about the error you're getting. Just note that in order to upgrade thereafter, you'll need to move back your original webserve.py file otherwise performing an update will not work due to a changed local file. Then, with Mylar in verbose/debugging mode - try doing a Mass Import (or whichever method you were using to perform the actual import), and grab the logs for that. Hopefully it will provide more information as to the traceback error as I can't duplicate it on my end at all thus far.