Comic Book Server

Anything non-Mylar related
mad1993max

Comic Book Server

Post by mad1993max »

Hi is there a good comic book server out there like calbibre but for comic books?
i am using plex calibre and madsonic and would be great to add a comic server to this

lg max
Bart274

Re: Comic Book Server

Post by Bart274 »

why don't you add your comics to calibre?
Just do the same as me and create two virtual libraries in your calibre server, one for books and one for comics...
kerbys

Post by kerbys »

I installed ubooquity, That seems to work alright! However syncing can only be done on each book seperately not a Whole folder.
shadowcharly

Post by shadowcharly »

https://github.com/beville/ComicStreamer

A little harsh in the install process, but works great.

You can view comic files from web browser or even from an iPad comic reader called Chunky.

Worth the effort.
blindpet

Post by blindpet »

Great find with ComicStreamer, I put together a guide for installing on Windows and creating a system service. I will do a Linux version next.

http://www.htpcguides.com/install-comic ... ic-server/
Budwyzer

Post by Budwyzer »

kerbys wrote:I installed ubooquity, That seems to work alright! However syncing can only be done on each book seperately not a Whole folder.
For those interested, Ubooquity has either been upgraded since then, or this was done wrong by kerbys. There is now an option to skip the root folder. I've set mine with separate directories for each publisher and Ubooquity is handling it great so far!
z0mbi

Post by z0mbi »

After trying ComicStreamer and failing miserably, I got Ubooquity up and running and I LOVE it. Not only is their web interface actually a pretty dang good reader in its own right, a few Comic reader apps out there can actually use an Ubooquity connection as a source. The best part about Ubooquity, however, is that it was easy to install.