Thank you for Mylar

Anything non-Mylar related
AtariBaby

Thank you for Mylar

Post by AtariBaby »

Hi

Congrats on the new forum, and thanks for Mylar!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Thank you for Mylar

Post by evilhero »

Thanks! I'm hoping this gets used and it's a common ground for people to post/find things since the github issue list just wasn't cutting it ;)

PS. I changed the subject since in your haste you mistyped (Mlyar)
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

haha yeah my typos are getting worse and worse as I get busier in life.

I was concerned it's too much fracturing: you have the original thread, then you have the github, now here. But I'm sure you're probably right.
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

To resurrect an old thread, I also just wanted to say: Thanks, evilhero!

I used to get into comics big-time way, way back in my high-school and college days, then my reading fell by the wayside as I moved on to the working world of "grown-ups". :P

Many years and one Internet revolution later, I found out about Usenet's comics groups and started grabbing CBZs/CBRs here and there, but it was a pain to have to interactively wade through thousands of newsgroup posts and manually grab the binaries (often missing issues). And trying to keep those downloads organized and named correctly was so much work.

Then I discovered Mylar, and the rest is history. :D

Granted, I know Mylar isn't perfect, and there are plenty of features myself and others would like to see, but it's a damn sight better than the old-school ways. And evilhero is doing his best to work with a Usenet scene that can be difficult to follow in its release methods and issue naming.

So, thanks again!

Aimhere