New setup on a Seedbox

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Bearfanx

New setup on a Seedbox

Post by Bearfanx »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all of this, and was wondering if I could get help up and running properly with Mylar on my Seedbox. Mylar came as an install-able app on my Seedbox, and they helped me to set it up correctly.

I thought initially I had everything working well because when I initially added the series I wanted to read, with previous issues and ongoing issues, I got to the point where Mylar went back and searched for previous issues and downloaded them automatically and added them to the correct folder etc.

However, since that initial setup and success, nothing seems to be working correctly. And I'm not even sure how I got it to work in the first place, I have the Sabnzbd details entered correctly and working, however I don't have or use Usenet. And I have the Torrents option setup correctly as well and connected to my Deluge, but when it initially downloaded all my comics, it didn't even go through my Deluge, so again I'm confused as to how it downloaded the comics or even from where? lol

Currently for my search providers, (since I don't know what I'm doing on this page) I have the following checked:

- Enable RSS Feed Searches (nzbs & torrents)
- Enable DDL (GetComics)
- Torrents
- Enable Public Torrent Search

The only website I know where to manually download comics is getcomics.info

I would really appreciate any assistance in how to or where to set the downloads correctly, and how to get Mylar to actively search and download issues consistently. Thanks.

I'm not sure if I've provided enough info, if more is needed please let me know, thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: New setup on a Seedbox

Post by evilhero »

First thing, turn off Public Torrents. That used to reference the now defunt WorldWideTorrents, but has since gone under. You'll get errors and such when it goes to search, which will probably kill the search queue and then you won't get anything searching or downloading. If you only use torrents with the Public option (you don't have access to 32P), then I'd probably just disable torrents for the time being. Or keep it enabled, but use jackett to add in some other providers. At some point soon, the Public Torrents option will get removed/updated to a new site that it can download from, but in the meantime it's just going to cause problems for you. Having to create a parser from scratch for a new site takes some time to integrate properly with Mylar usually.

Also, don't worry about the SABnzbd stuff - if you don't have newznabs, dognzb, nzb.su, or experimental search enabled within your search providers in Mylar it won't send anything to it.

Odds are it was downloading items via the DDL option - which downloads using https in the background, and then it post-processes it automatically. The DDL option searches getcomics.info, and uses that to retrieve the files.
You can see your downloads in progress/history for the DDL items via the Manage option in the top navigation bar, then select Manage DDL Queue.