Need help/suggestions for folder format...

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
tjbain

Need help/suggestions for folder format...

Post by tjbain »

Hi everyone!

I first wanted to thank evilhero for his hard work on the Mylar project. I got it up and running in just a few minutes, and things seem to be running smoothly.

I have a quick question though: Can I download the files into a dated folder? I currently store all my comics by the date they were released, specifically in "2015.06.24" format. I was wondering if I could somehow download the files to an automatically created folder on the day they are download...

I see the "store in weekly directory" check box on the top of the Weekly Pull-list page, but no matter if it's checked or not, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Btw, I'm using Mylar on my Synology machine, if that makes any difference.

Any help or suggestions that anyone could provide will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks again for the hard work, evilhero!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Need help/suggestions for folder format...

Post by evilhero »

That's exactly what that option does - but it will only copy issues that are on that weeks pull list into the dated directory (the option is set to make the directory in the format of '2015-06-04'). It will download the issue, post-process the issue, move the file into the given series folder, and then if it exists on the pulllist it will copy it into the dated directory.

The synology aspect shouldn't affect things so long as your Comic Location is accessible by the user running mylar as mylar will create the dated directories beneath the Comic Location folder.

Hopefully this will help you get the dated directories working, if not post back and I can help out further if required.

Thanks for the kind words on the program too, it's always good to hear that people are using the tool as I had intended in some aspect :)