Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Request: Better Instructions to setup Post Processing

Post by evilhero »

Lish wrote:The folder to scan is :
D:\Mes Documents\Mes images\EBooks\Comics a Classer\Scrap Mylar\

The folder inside it is :
D:\Mes Documents\Mes images\EBooks\Comics a Classer\Scrap Mylar\All-New Invaders (2014)\All-New Invaders #01.cbz
D:\Mes Documents\Mes images\EBooks\Comics a Classer\Scrap Mylar\Hawkeye (2012)\Hawkeye #16

I could easyly change the structure if it's made things easier for you, maybe something like that :
D:\Mes Documents\Mes images\EBooks\Comics a Classer\Scrap Mylar\All-New Invaders 01 (2014).cbz
D:\Mes Documents\Mes images\EBooks\Comics a Classer\Scrap Mylar\Hawkeye 16 (2012).cbz

Thanks
Yep, that's the problem then - aside from the fact that the issues themselves don't have a year (whether for the series, or for the issue itself), I'm guessing it's not delving down into the nested folders. Having your file structure setup as you have it the 2nd example wouldn't give you any issues when it comes to importing (that's exactly how I have it on mine, but that's me) as all the issues reside in the one level of the directory hiearchy and they contain an issue year.
I've tried working it before in order to allow for the directory structure having the title-volume, and then within that folder having just the title-issue but I could never get it to parse out properly - but I may look into this again at some point as obviously it's something that people are using.

Keep in mind that when the 'monitor folder' option is running, it will only match against series that exist in your watchlist. If a series doesn't match (or cannot match for whatever reason), it will be skipped and not touched at all. If you have a bunch of series that you want to mass-add, you can just the Import Series function and it will scan and then attempt to determine the series on ComicVine and import in all the same-comics you have within the given directory.

Hope that helps!
Lish

Post by Lish »

OK !
I'll have a look and keep you in touch !
Thx :)
thorin

Post by thorin »

I have pretty much the exact same problem as lish, but the problem with subfolders is that some of the torrents are coming that way. Here is a recent example:
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers - 2048px) (theProletariat-Novus-HD).cbr
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers - c2c) (theProletariat-Novus).cbr
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers) (theProletariat-Novus).cbr

I didn't create that "Batman v2 (2011)" folder, it's how the torrent mylar grabbed is set up.

I supposed I can set up a script to pull them out of the folder...maybe my scripting is good enough. :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

thorin wrote:I have pretty much the exact same problem as lish, but the problem with subfolders is that some of the torrents are coming that way. Here is a recent example:
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers - 2048px) (theProletariat-Novus-HD).cbr
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers - c2c) (theProletariat-Novus).cbr
Batman v2 (2011)/Batman 027 (2014) (2 covers) (theProletariat-Novus).cbr

I didn't create that "Batman v2 (2011)" folder, it's how the torrent mylar grabbed is set up.

I supposed I can set up a script to pull them out of the folder...maybe my scripting is good enough. :)
Yep, I'm in the process of doing a small rewrite to the file checking module, which is also used for manual post-processing. The rewrite is for the purpose of allowing Mylar to traverse subdirectories as well as use the parent folder to aid in discovering issues properly (this will tie in with the import a directory option that requires traversing as well). It should be in the next commit which I hope to have out in a few days, as there's actually alot in this upcoming commit.
Lish

Post by Lish »

evilhero wrote: Having your file structure setup as you have it the 2nd example wouldn't give you any issues when it comes to importing (that's exactly how I have it on mine, but that's me) as all the issues reside in the one level of the directory hiearchy and they contain an issue year.

Sorry the late reply,
Just tried it and it works perfectly well.
THx to you !!
sean745

[Solved] Better Instructions to setup Post Processing

Post by sean745 »

Edit: Restarted one more time for good measure.

Great software. I have tried using the steps below with no avail. I am trying to watch folder/drive X:\ , but the files are not added to the correct directory. Any help would be appreciated. - Sean

Here's the catchy part - Mylar can monitor a directory for new files and automatically post-process them accordingly (so long as the series exist and are in your watchlist). It's currently a manual setting within the config.ini - so you have to shutdown Mylar first (very important), then open up the config.ini in an editor and find the following line:

Code: Select all

check_folder = ""
Set the check_folder to the full path for the directory that you want Mylar to monitor.

By default it checks it every 20 minutes, but it also can be changed within the config.ini:

Code: Select all

download_scan_interval = 20
just change the 20 to whatever you want in minutes.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You'll probably have to post the log file, or a section from it (in logs/mylar.log) which shows the monitoring folder and the subsequent search/match information.

Currently the monitor folder option doesn't traverse subdirectories, so if you have subdirectories it will ignore them. It only checks the current monitor folder directory for cbr/cbz files.

Recursive subdirectories shouldl be working in the next commit.
sean745

Post by sean745 »

evilhero - Thanks for the reply, I was able to get it fixed with a restart. I do have a question/comment about the Renaming. It seems that if there are "_",".", or any other characters that the process does not seem to work. I also am having to rename some files that do not seem to get put in the appropriate folders.

For example:

Folder - Some Name
Files -
Some Name 001 (2014)
Some.Name (2014) 001 - won't be renamed consistently
SOme.Name.001.2014 - not consistent

What tweaks can be used in the settings to eliminate some of this? I will try to duplicate this and send a copy of the log if this helps, I have actually renamed all of the files at this point.

Sean
sean745

Post by sean745 »

evilhero - Thanks for the reply, I was able to get it fixed with a restart. I do have a question/comment about the Renaming. It seems that if there are "_",".", or any other characters that the process does not seem to work. I also am having to rename some files that do not seem to get put in the appropriate folders.

For example:

Folder - Some Name
Files -
Some Name 001 (2014)

What tweaks can be used in the settings to eliminate some of this? I will try to duplicate this and send a copy of the log if this helps, I have actually renamed all of the files at this point.

Sean
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

sean745 wrote:It seems that if there are "_",".", or any other characters that the process does not seem to work. I also am having to rename some files that do not seem to get put in the appropriate folders.

For example:

Folder - Some Name
Files -
Some Name 001 (2014)

Sean
Well there's nothing that can be done on your end really, and because of the way comics are posted to both usenet and torrents - there is no 'standardized' naming convention for comics as there is for other types of media.

The 'Some Name 001 (2014)' will and should work without a hitch under normal circumstances. This is the default and most widely used format for issues, and is the format that 0-day issues are released as (generally). It comes down to personal preference about how the filenames are, and if you like the most standardizded way (the first method) then you'll run into the least amount of problems - but if you prefer the other 2, then currently, it's kinda hit or miss. I'll try and explain why below.

The 'Some Name (2014) 001 would be inconsistent at best as Mylar parses the filename by first eliminating everything past the first bracket, and then using the non-bracketed text as having the series and issue title. So in the case above, it would ignore everything from (2014) onwards...which would include the issue #, so the series would get tossed to the filechecker as just 'Some Name' with no issue and it would never match to any issues for the series. A fellow had did a slight fix to include the re-formatting so that if a series was in the format of 'Some Name (2014) 001' it would recreate it as 'Some Name 001 (2014)' in order for things to work. I'll have to look to see if I can find where that post went and try to incorporate it.

'Some.Name.001.2014' should match ...normally. However when spaces are replaced with '.' especially, it becomes increasingly difficult to be able to parse out the series information correctly, as when there's a decimal place for an issue - it generally doesn't work very well. The 'Some.Name.001.2014' becomes 'Some Name 001 2014', and then in some cases, mylar will assume since there are two digits seperated by a space, that it's a decimal and try to use that.

If you can stick to the first format, that will give you the least amount of troubles. I'm usually tinkering with the filechecker in some way on almost every commit, either trying to accommodate something, to make a fix, or to try and make it more robust in how it handles things.I'll look into how it handles the 2nd and 3rd options, the 2nd probably has the fix already but has yet to be implemented, the 3rd - well I indicated a big problem with using decimals as separators....but I'll see what can be done.