Can't seem to figure out torrents...

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
detection

Can't seem to figure out torrents...

Post by detection »

Hi there! I found myself wondering the other day if there were any tools to auto-download comics, so I searched around and came across Mylar. It took a little while to figure out the install, but I finally got through all of that, set up my CV API and all... I enabled torrents, set up a watch folder, added some series, etc... but my log says no issues found.

My download settings...

You can view my log here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/j92u8tierfwqq ... r.log?dl=0

I've kinda just been poking around and trying to find my way haha. Thanks in advance for any help!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to figure out torrents...

Post by evilhero »

Well, glad you found your way here - hopefully the end results will be worth the journey!

It looks like you have your torrents setup correctly, and I can see from the logs that it's hitting the KAT rss feeds and storing them so that's good. The only thing I've noticed is that you don't have any series on your watchlist (the main screen). I did notice that you were doing some attempted import of your own comic library, but couldn't tell if you were successful in getting them added to mylar or not.

The easiest way to test things is to just add a series off of the weekly pull-list. In the weekly pull-list page, just find a series, and click on the add series option. It will flip into a Search results screen where you can finalize the actual choice. Once it's added (or in the process of being added) it will flip to the series detail page displaying the information on the series. Normally, the screen finishes refreshing before all the issues have been populated so doing a simple browser refresh (f5) should show everything properly. Then scroll down to the issues, and select either the magnifying glass, green checkmark or use the drop down option to mark a bunch of Issues as Wanted. Mylar will then search your providers, and if it finds anything it will send it to your watch folder.

There's additional stuff you can do after that (or prior even), but I think you want to make sure that mylar can send stuff to your torrent client first ;)
detection

Post by detection »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did add my previous collection, but it's not the most organized thing in the world so I didn't think Mylar would get it anyway lol

But I did try adding a bunch of series to my watch list from the weekly pull list, or at least I see them...

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah the importer is hit and miss as there are a lot of discrepancies between users collections and the various naming conventions used. As long as you have them named properly in a format like 'series issue (year)', mylar should be able to pick them up and you can then import them from the import results screen.

Ahh ok, I see now - the rss feeds get checked every 20 minutes, but most (if not all) of those releases are outside of the latest rss feeds retention. You can do a Force Search off of the Upcoming tab and that will do both an RSS check and an api search (kat doesnt have an api, but it's basically the same thing), which is what you want since you want mylar to search KAT directly.
detection

Post by detection »

Hm... I tried both "Force Check Availability" under the "Upcoming" tab at the bottom of the Wanted page, as well as the "Force Check" at the top of the page... still no luck.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The Force Check Availability is for the pullist, but a different purpose entirely (it checks for the availability of Issues that are new series and have yet to have any information published about them). If you see a 'watch' option on the pullist, the series that is watched' is placed in the area where you found the Force Check Availability option ('upcoming no data' I think it's called). Once the data is available on comicvine, it does an auto-add to your watchlist and marks said issue(s) as Wanted so they will download.

The Force Search though should have worked.. Can you post the portion of the mylar.log file showing the search work flow? I have a feeling there's an error being logged in there somewhere, but not sure what it would be without seeing the log.
detection

Post by detection »

Just tried Force Check again,here's the log from this check.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok, that was gonna be my second guess.. You have 0 search providers in your provider_order. Have you restarted mylar since doing any configuration change? Mylar needs to be restarted whenever you do a Save Changes in the configuration. This ensures that mylar can load all the configuration values cleanly.

What you can do now:
-shutdown mylar.
-edit the config.ini with an editor (notepad even)
-find the line that starts with provider_order.
-delete the entire line and make sure there are no blank lines between values after deleting (if the config reader encounters a blank line it stops)
-save the config.ini
-startup mylar.
-enjoyment.
:)
detection

Post by detection »

Hmmmm... okay, I gave that a shot... loaded it back up and force checked again... but I still don't seem to be getting torrents? Nothing in my folder or history.

http://pastebin.com/MRwbHtfS
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

015 09:46:25 - DEBUG :: RSSCHECK : Checking for torrent enabled.
25-Apr-2015 09:46:25 - DEBUG :: RSSCHECK : nzbprovider(s): []
25-Apr-2015 09:46:25 - DEBUG :: RSSCHECK : there are : 1 torrent providers you have selected.
25-Apr-2015 09:46:25 - DEBUG :: RSSCHECK : there are : 0 nzb providers you have selected.
25-Apr-2015 09:46:25 - DEBUG :: RSSCHECK : Usenet Retention : 1500 days
25-Apr-2015 09:46:25 - INFO :: RSSCHECK : search provider order is []
Search providers is still empty, do you have anything enabled for search providers?

Can you post your config.ini file (just blank out the api keys)?