Import Existing ComicRack Library

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
blindguy

Re: Import Existing ComicRack Library

Post by blindguy »

I"m not sure if this should be under this post or if I should have made a new post but here is my question:

I have all my comics stored at /media/archive03/comics/ however there are some folders in there that are not monitored by mylar. How can I scan that folder and add any folder to the watch list for getting back episodes and future episodes? When I go to manage - > import and try and have it scan that folder it takes forever and I can't seem to work. I tried it without the move checked as I don't want anything moved, I just want all the missing folders added so that I can fill in holes in my collection.

Any assistance is appreciated.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Import Existing ComicRack Library

Post by evilhero »

blindguy wrote:I"m not sure if this should be under this post or if I should have made a new post but here is my question:

I have all my comics stored at /media/archive03/comics/ however there are some folders in there that are not monitored by mylar. How can I scan that folder and add any folder to the watch list for getting back episodes and future episodes? When I go to manage - > import and try and have it scan that folder it takes forever and I can't seem to work. I tried it without the move checked as I don't want anything moved, I just want all the missing folders added so that I can fill in holes in my collection.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Well I know you can't set the scan folder to be the same location as your Comic Location path. This will cause mylar to cycle forever in some cases, or cause really weird names as it tries to move stuff onto itself and then delete other ones.. It's just not advisable to do that.

The easiest way is also the most work, just due to how mylar currently does the scan. You'd have to figure out what series aren't being monitored by Mylar directory - wise (sort by directory last modified date perhaps), move them all into a temp folder outside of the comic location path (just to be safe), and then do a scan library against the temp directory with move enabled so it can move the items back into their original location.

This has been asked before a few times, and it's something that needs to get built in - I just haven't had the time to do it as of yet, or probably moreso I keep on forgetting to do it.