Switch : to - global

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
blindguy

Switch : to - global

Post by blindguy »

I have a bit of a problem. When I search newznab for Original Sin: Secret Avengers Infinite Comic (2014) I get nothing however when I search for Original Sin - Secret Avengers Infinite Comic (2014) I get plenty of results.

I see a way to change the Alternate Search Names on a per series basis but is there a way to change a single colon (:) to a space + dash ( -) in all searches?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Switch : to - global

Post by evilhero »

Specifying it within the alternate search name wouldn't do anything to alter the search terms, as mylar replaces all of those characters with blank spaces so it does a general query. The alternate search names are more for titles that are quite different than the series title (the forever evil arc by DC is one where the series titles completely changed for a few issues).

Is this a personal Newznab you're querying against or something else? If it's a personal one, you probably need to install sphinx for better search results (it's documented in the newznab documentation).

I tried against my own personal Newznab (that has sphinx installed), and with the punctuation it only brought back results as yours, however submitted as mylar searches with the punctuation removed it brought back the correct results.