How to switch to development branch on freenas

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
castertr0y357

How to switch to development branch on freenas

Post by castertr0y357 »

I had mylar up and working before, and then I went and updated the plugin through freenas and it reset everything, including taking me off of the development branch. Bad move in retrospect.

Since it's on freenas, it's running in a jail, and I have no idea where git is located. I've tried using "whereis git" to locate it, but it can't find it. Likely because there's a version number after git.

In the config.ini file, there's a line for git_path, but it just has "" next to it.

I'm not sure if that's pointing it to the git run path, or if it's for the path the pull new versions down. The more I think about it, the more it's for a local path.

Does anyone happen to know where the git lives in the plugin, or if there's a config line that can be changed to put me on the development branch?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: How to switch to development branch on freenas

Post by evilhero »

I wish I could help out here - but I have absolutely zero knowledge about the freenas plugin.

What I can tell you is the git_path field within the config.ini is the path to your local installation of git. By default it's in /usr/bin/git, but is it possible you don't have git installed ?

ie. have you done a 'pkg install git' at some point as it seems that command would install the git package.

Keep in mind I have absolutely no clue - it might be best to ask the question on the freenas forum for the plugin, as unless someone who uses the plugin chimes in, I'm afraid I can't help out very much.