Torrents not finding comic via KAT

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Torrents not finding comic via KAT

Post by Offspring »

I've got both SAB and Torrents setup, just to see if I could do it so that if one failed, the other was a backup. However the problem I'm running into is that KAT doesn't seem to find any comics, even though if I manually search I can find it. Am I doing something wrong? The log simply reads "Couldn't find All-New Captain America #5 (2015)" but if I search I see one torrent with at least 1 seeder. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Torrents not finding comic via KAT

Post by evilhero »

Have you restarted mylar since you added kat into the mix?

When you manually search, are you using kat.ph or are you using a proxy for kat (another url)?

If you have minimum number of seeders enabled within mylar as well as file type preference (cbr/cbz/either) that would play an impact on it as well.

What does the mylar.log file show for when you do a search using kat?
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

I'll take a look at the logs, but I simply clicked "Enable KAT" and it doesn't igve me an option to change the URL. I've restarted Mylar a few different times, and I've had the option selected for a while. As for seeders, it's set to 1.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well if you could browse to kat.ph with no issues, then you don't need the proxy. But if you're isp is blocking that addresses, then you need to use the proxy. If so, shutdown mylar, edit the config.ini and find the entry for kat_proxy and enter in the full url without quotes, save and start up mylar.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Yeah, I can browse there just fine. I had just been going to the main URL manually anyway, I didn't realize you could use kat.ph as a redirect.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Found the problem. I had my quality settings set to CBZ, so it was finding it in .CBR and failing to find it in CBZ.